Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Big_al

Aghhh popups

Is it me or have they stopped now? Or did I finally get the block thing to work with IE 6.0, courtesy of those who told me where to get it?

Wonder if "Pop-up stopper" stops pop-unders as well?
Or do I have to install pop-under stopper too? *grin*

IE? you're joking right?
Got to love the why it takes down your whole system when it crashes.

IE? you're joking right?

huh? only on your computer.

IE? you're joking right?

huh? only on your computer.

On Win95/98/ME, you're dead. On Win2K or XP (I assume), restarting the program will most likely help. If not, log out and log in again, it usually clears most aspects of your system instabilities.

IE is a bloated stinking dead whale corpse of a browser rotting on the beach of the internet. *grin*

General protection fault anyone?

IE is a bloated stinking dead whale corpse of a browser rotting on the beach of the internet. *grin*

huh? my IE NEVER EVER crashes.

Almost never does for me either.

Must be the stupid pop-up killers that make it crash.

Ahh, you must have got the secert internal Microsoft only version somehow.
I've use Win2K and NT every day at work and the two things which crash the most are Word and IE.

I tried W2K, most of my fav old games no longer worked so I went back to Win98SE.

Heh, get a Win95/98 partition. Using any Microsoft OS older than Win2K as your main OS is like living in the stone age.

Ahh, you must have got the secert internal Microsoft only version somehow.
I've use Win2K and NT every day at work and the two things which crash the most are Word and IE.

none of those crash on my comp.

Hmm, mine does, all the time. But it's better than Netsuck so I have to keep using it.

none of those crash on my comp.

Nuffing crashes on your computer, yeah right, pull the other one its got bells on it.

Using any Microsoft OS older than Win2K as your main OS

Do you like work for MS or something?

Using any Microsoft OS older than Win2K as your main OS

Do you like work for MS or something?

No, but it's a fact.

POW is (for the moment) perfect!
Thanks!

I hope that there will not be too many banners to kill !!!
For me, I consider that sort of banners, here at Doomworld, as an agression!

Include the banners into your pages, instead of that hideous popups!

I HATE POPUPS It's like a virus: somebody want to force me to make something I don't want...

SHIT !!!

somebody want to force me to make something I don't want...

Yeh very similar to Bush and his tax cuts, bastard forcing them on you

The best and most compatible browser, without question, is Internet Explorer. However, NO browser has ever been good... it's been a long struggle to find the least gay one.

IE 4 = Good mix of being slow and memory hogging. Supports plenty of features but is missing out on IE filters and some of the newer CSS tricks.

IE 5.5 = Can display everything but is ungodly slow. Had to hit 5.5 because this one was thrown together sloppily.

IE 6 = This is the best Internet Explorer. It's much faster than 4 or 5.5 and has all the compatiblity, plus cookie blocking. Make sure to turn off the Image Toolbar though, it makes it half as fast. The downside to this one is that it requires an insane amount of memory (compared to other browsers). I wouldn't recommend this browser unless you have at least 128, and preferably 256. Seriously.

Opera = Somewhere between Netscape 6 and IE 6. The only real feature it has is that it can display several pages in the same window. This is the only one you have to PAY for.

Netscape Communicator = Hasn't been updated in about fourteen years. Built off of a really old version of Mozilla. Loaded with useless shit and is generally the coding is 99% bugs.

Netscape 6 = Hasn't been updated in about seven years and is built off of a really old version of Mozilla. Loaded with useless shit and is about 40% bugs.

Mozilla = THE open source web browser. Updated constantly (I'm using one from December). Ported to every OS. Supports most features out there (just about all of the CSS and cool sites I've looked at have worked). Supports the option to TURN OFF JavaScripts from popping up new windows and the option to TURN OFF windows hiding other under windows.

Also supports TABBED browsing. I have mine set up so that when I middle click on a link it opens it in a new tab. So instead of having a ton of IE windows on my taskbar (or having them unconveniently grouped XP-style) they're in one window, and easily accessed.

Unlike Netscape, Mozilla can display tables correctly. However, Mozilla comes with NO plug ins, so things like Shockwave and midi and such will require plug ins. Or NONE for a fresh and clean browsing experience. Really handy if WMP and Quicktime and Real are already installed on your system so they won't taint Mozilla as they go in.

Go to Netscape.com to find plugins. Netscape's plugin architecture is a straight copy from Mozilla and Mozilla doesn't bother hosting them. Modplug and Shockwave Flash are the only two I like. =)

All this, and it's decently fast... and it's about six megs. It's less than one fourth the size of IE6.

If you want to see CSS on Linux or BeOS Mozilla is just about your only choice.

Netscape 6... Mozilla 9.7... hard choice.

Go with Internet Explorer 6 (which you all know well and I didn't describle in detail) or with Mozilla. Or Opera, if you want to buy a program to surf with that isn't as good as IE6.

If you hate popups so much use Mozilla and SHUT THE FUCK UP. If you hate MS so much use Mozilla and SHUT THE FUCK UP. If you hate both MS and Netscape use Mozilla and SHUT THE FUCK UP. If you want to piss away money on software when better free solutions are available then use Opera and SHUT THE FUCK UP.

SHUTTING THE FUCK UP ABOUT THE GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING POP UP BANNERS IS QUINTESSENTIAL TO THE HEALTH AND WELL BEING OF THIS FORUM.