Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Intel17

Hooking modern gamers on DOOM

40oz said:

I don't like to correlate doom with satanic.

Despite the evil symbols, biblical references, mythical imagery, and the blatant hell theme, Satan, Lucifer, or the Devil is never actually mentioned in the game at any point. It's more like Hell itself is just an force of it's own without any kind of leader.

I always considered the Icon of Sin to be Satan TBH

Well they are missing context, aren't they. It's a game about slaughtering hellspawn en masse not burning bibles,

40oz said:

I like to. It makes it deeper in meaning than just a dumb shooter game where you kill monsters.

printz said:

I like to. It makes it deeper in meaning than just a dumb shooter game where you kill monsters.

Heh, same here.

I like to do demonic chanting while I'm making a Doom map in Doombuilder. "OH HAIL SATAN, THOU ART KING OF THIS LAND. SUMMON ME AN IMP MY MASTER. SUMMON ME AN IMP!!!!!".

40oz said:

Same here, I prefer the more general term - occult.

As for attracting modern gamers to Doom, unless they're looking for the complete old school experience 320x200 is only going to appeal when played on a mobile phone.

Marnetmar said:

Here in Utah (I'm not mormon) I'll talk about DOOM, but their response is usually "OMG like isn't that like the game that like the columbine shooters played? Get away from me freak!"

Sigh.

Hate the player, not the game ;)