Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RobMcKay

Alien Vendeta better than Mephisto Mori IMO

i'm curruntly half way through hr, hr2, 10sector, and av... and now this... man... i need a life.

in your opion, wich is the best sorce port of playing it? i've been using legcy with the -opengl tag. i would use ZdoomGL but I can't get I running.

in your opinion which is the best source port for playing it? I've been using Legacy with the -opengl tag.I would use ZDoom GL but I can't get it running.

(spelling more or less corrected)
I would say forget ZDoom GL I've had massive problems with that even though it can look great it's too unstable,hope it gets better.Do you find missing textures at all with -opengl tag?
After using ZDoom & Legacy extensively I've noticed quite a few differences in the gameplay,the monster behavior is quite different!The monsters in ZDoom respond more quickly and move more easily than in Legacy.This is really apparent when the monsters have to turn tight corners or traverse tight corridors.The monsters in Legacy sometimes get 'stuck' on corners whereas in ZDoom, using the same map,
they don't.Has anybody else had experience with this?
So between the 2 I used to prefer Legacy, I now prefer ZDoom.

I don't like all these gl doom ports cuz when you start adding all these fancy affects it stops being doom. Doom is supposed to look god awful compared to todays standereds but it always makes up with it with amazing gameplay and "cum in your pants" body counts. Thats doom not fancy dancy light sorcing and mip mapping pish. Play it raw they way it was supposed to be played in 320x240 rez if possible. Thats Doom.

Play it raw they way it was supposed to be played in 320x240 rez if possible.

320x200.

Nobel. but geez, i just can't play it that res anymore. i recently trid to start a new game in old school doom.exe, but ugh, after playing it for hours and hours at 800X600, in opengl mode 320x200 really hit me. *sigh* I feel like such a sell out.

Play it raw they way it was supposed to be played in 320x240 rez if possible.

320x200.

Heh, reminds me of this (You'll have to search)

Play it in PrBoom, it can emulate very accurately the behavior of doom. Plus it runs perfect on newer systems (such as mine). PrBoom is by far my favorite source port.
It's best to record demos in vanilla doom however...

go to google.com and search keyword for "Best Doom2 wads for Doom95", find the purple background doom site then you'd see there's a bunch of sp goodies there

I already know what site you're talking about :

http://www.infotreks.com/doom95.html

Been there, done that. All files linked to ftp.cdrom.com/pub/doom2, which doesn't exist anymore.

Bah MM was good, I have yet to play MM 2

Get a hold of it sometime...but *cough*Geocities*cough* says the Momento Mori homepage doesn't exist. Figures...

Heh, Will sure loves Memento Mori, and I'm with him, I am thinking about doing a review at rworld of it, nicely contrasting with AV.

Perhaps Mr. AV64 himself would care to review it? Come on you!

Heh, Will sure loves Memento Mori, and I'm with him, I am thinking about doing a review at rworld of it, nicely contrasting with AV.

Perhaps Mr. AV64 himself would care to review it? Come on you!

Hmm...you call me "Will", then expect me to write a review for you...hahahahaha

No, seriously, I'd rather work on making levels right now than reviewing them. I'm not the best wordsmith, anyway, I'd probably only end up confusing the hell out of everyone who reads it.

But yes, Memento Mori and MM2 are definately in the top 10 Doom wads ever list.

Try comparing the original Memento Mori with TNT: Evilution, which, if I remember correctly, was made at roughly the same time.

Try comparing the original Memento Mori with TNT: Evilution, which, if I remember correctly, was made at roughly the same time.

No, I'm pretty sure Final Doom was a couple years down the line. Could be mistaken, though. MM is better anyway.

I prefer TNT and Plutonia over MM.

DIE

Dude, just because he doesn't like the same thing as you doesn't mean hes bad

DIE

I would have already said DIE to whoever thought Momento Mori I was better than Momento Mori II...but I know better than to do so. Everyone has their own opinion and that's acceptable obviously. Hell, there's probably someone out there who likes Demonfear better than Requiem.

DIE

I don't need to start using [joke] [/joke] tags do I?

DIE

I think the [joke] [/joke] tags are disabled :P

DIE

I think the [joke] [/joke] tags are disabled :P
So why did you use them right there?

/me breaks the Quote-Chain

Both 'Momento Mori' and 'Mephisto Mori' sound like the names of bad animes.

Heh, now that I think about it, they do. But what would they be about? >-)

Heh, now that I think about it, they do. But what would they be about? >-)

dO0M!@!!@$#$@#