Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pellevin

cyberdaemon VS maulotaur..

Hmmm...for a second there I though I stumbled into the polls forum. But alas, I did not. Therefore, sir, you are in err.

Heh, this should be recreated somehow.

I dunno, but in single player Maulotaurs are a helluva lot more of a challenge.

Fredrik: Maulotaurs are the Heretic equivalent of the Cyberdemon.

Maulataurs are at least a lot more interesting.
Cybies: Wander, fire, fire, fire, wander...
Maulotaurs: Wander, shoot, wander, charge, attack...

Is there any kind of LMP I could download that shows the Cybie fighting the Maulotaur?

Is there any kind of LMP I could download that shows the Cybie fighting the Maulotaur?

Stu-

Of course it's feasable, dan, you dumbass.
I would love to see the CyberDemon fight the Maulotaur. I'm not exactly sure how one would go about creating such a demo, but I'm sure it would be awesome. It would be like hi-tech vs. fantasy-who would win?

I don't know who would win of they got in a fight, but Maulotaurs are much more challenging to kill. Can you imagine anyone killing a maulotar with a stick?

I'm not exactly sure how one would go about creating such a demo

Yes, that was what dan was saying. You don't go about creating such a demo.

I dunno, but in single player Maulotaurs are a helluva lot more of a challenge.

I don't think so. I can take on 5 maulotaurs alot easier than 5 cybs.

I would love to see the CyberDemon fight the Maulotaur. I'm not exactly sure how one would go about creating such a demo, but I'm sure it would be awesome. It would be like hi-tech vs. fantasy-who would win?

Quasar figured this out - the Cybies would beat the living fuck out of the Maulotaurs.

[quote]

I'm not exactly sure how one would go about creating such a demo

ROFL

Missing a source port?

The cyberdemon.

It's been a while since I did this, but Corwin told me how to get most of the Heretic monsters into doom levels under Zdoom. It's all thanks to the fact that Zdoom supports both these games.

You need to include all the Sprites for them and their attacks, and their sound entries in a Wad, and make some simple modifications to SNDINFO IIRC, but then you can just summon them from the console. The Ironlich has a problem as it has the same graphic names as the cacodemon, and the Heretic and Doom imps share the same SNDINFO entries, but most monsters work just fine. I *think* the maulotaur could be summoned without problems. It looks really cool to have real Heretic monsters walking around Doom levels and behaving exactly like Heretic monsters, not dehacked versions of Doom ones. The super shotgun makes pretty short work of a lot of them :-)

I'd have to check my file to see exactly how this was done again, but it is pretty easy.

edit: Oh yeah, obviously to get things to look right, you have to change the palette for the Heretic sprites to the doom palette. DeePsea has a one step internal conversion routine that can do this without having to export all the graphics, load them up in PSP and then re-insert them into a WAD.

What does this summoning mean? It would be really cool if you could put them in the wadfile and have a mixed level.

It's just a command you type at the console and the summoned object appears in front of you. Not much use for actual wad editing. However, Randy put this in his log file for Zdoom 1.23

January 26, 2002
- Assigned spawn numbers to most of the Heretic actors and added one for Doom's health bonus.

I haven't tried it yet, but if these numbers are unique, then it may be possible to use them to spawn Heretic monsters in a map using map spots and ACC, effectively allowing Heretic monster placement in Zdoom maps.

Question: Are the boss Maulotaur from Heretic and the summoned Maulotaur from Hexen exactly the same, numbers and functions and everything?

Question: Are the boss Maulotaur from Heretic and the summoned Maulotaur from Hexen exactly the same, numbers and functions and everything?

Yes, except that one is marked "friendly" and one isn't, and the Hexen Maulotaur dies in a cloud of smoke instead of falling to pieces.