Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

The most fun I had in multiplayer in a long time.

Today me and a few friends we're sitting around bored in our media studies class. Half the students left and we had nothing to do for half an hour, so me and one of my friends decided it would be a cool idea to install Skulltag to our schools network drive so that we could Doom for a little bit over the LAN. Basically, it was the most fun I had in multiplayer in a long time.

We decided to use the Return of Dual Core 32in24 WAD for maps, since there was only two of us to begin. After a bit more of our friends wanted to play, even our teacher gave it a shot. We deathmatched the entire period for over 45 minutes over the school LAN, and it was the most fun I had in multiplayer really ever.

Tommorow we have yet another spare, so we're gonna meet up and deathmatch for over an hour this time with a few mods. Fun stuff. Whats some of your best experiences with multiplayer or LAN if you have any?

Avery

Man, I really need to DM at some point. It's the one Doom experience I've never actually partaken in.

There are so many, but here's one of similar quality.

Me my brother and a friend of my brother were at our dads place because they were working on their boat and I was working on my father's 1955 Ford Fairlane.. Anyway, it was evening and we didn't really have anything to do. But we had 3 laptops so we figured we'd give it a go at playing some Half Life DM. We only had 2 mice though. So to keep things fair, we all decided that we would play using the touch pads on the laptops.

It turned out to be a great evening of fragging, screaming and excitement. I kicked ass of course. My brother got served, but that was in part due to him having a bit of a wonky WIFI on his laptop so he kept briefly lagging out ever now and then.

AveryMaurice said:

Whats some of your best experiences with multiplayer or LAN if you have any?

Doom? None, really. I did a similar thing to you with StarCraft back when I was still in school, though.

The most fun I`ve had in multiplayer was back in 2002 or something when I rediscovered Doom together with the other members of my band. We played co-op and listened to metal and drank beer. Fucking cool. We had never even heard of pwads, not even Final Doom :O We blasted through Final Doom, MM1 and 2 and some other stuff. Fucking great times.

Actually, those times hooked me on Doom. Thats why I`m here now, writing this shit.

Best Doom deathmatch experience: playing it against a talented girlfriend in legacy on splitscreen.

Best deathmatch experience overall was counterstrike@work

AveryMaurice said:

Today me and a few friends we're sitting around bored in our media studies class. Half the students left and we had nothing to do for half an hour, so me and one of my friends decided it would be a cool idea to install Skulltag to our schools network drive so that we could Doom for a little bit over the LAN. Basically, it was the most fun I had in multiplayer in a long time.

We decided to use the Return of Dual Core 32in24 WAD for maps, since there was only two of us to begin. After a bit more of our friends wanted to play, even our teacher gave it a shot. We deathmatched the entire period for over 45 minutes over the school LAN, and it was the most fun I had in multiplayer really ever.

Tommorow we have yet another spare, so we're gonna meet up and deathmatch for over an hour this time with a few mods. Fun stuff. Whats some of your best experiences with multiplayer or LAN if you have any?

Avery

If you guys feel like trying another 32in24 wad next time, 32in24-10 arguably has overall much higher quality maps than Return of Duel Core (-9) and you guys will probably have a lot more fun with it: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16246