Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Favorite Doom Music

What's your favorite version of Doom's music? For me, it was without doubt the Playstation soundtrack. Much better and more inspired than the PC version, I always thought.

I'd say DOOM 1's music. I'd take creepy ambient music/MIDI versions of metal songs over sloppily written tracks that are re-used every five levels any day of the week. (Not saying all of DOOM 2's music is like this, but the majority of it is)

Ultimate Doom's music, especially the SNES version. I grew up with it and always found it quite eerie and more atmospheric. Must be the reverb and horrible quality...

Original PC:
E1M1-M9
E2M1
E3M3
E3M8
D_IN_CIT
D_RUNNIN
D_BETWEE/D_DOOM2/D_SHAWN3 (TNT)
D_DDTBLU/D_OPENIN/D_ROMER2 (TNT)
D_DM2INT/D_EVIL (TNT)
D_RUNNIN/D_IN_CIT (TNT)
D_THE_DA (TNT)

PS port music doesn't fit with the original Doom's gameplay. If the static were removed, it'd fit better with Doom 3.

DOOM - E3M2: Slough of Despair, Donna to the Rescue

DOOM II - MAP5: The Waste Tunnels, DOOM

Evilution - Intermission Screen

DOOM PSX - MAP02: Plant

Final DOOM PSX - MAP06: Fistula

DOOM 64 - MAP08: Final Outpost

Doom: At Doom's Gate, The Imp's Song, Kitchen Ace (And Taking Names), On The Hunt, Demons On The Prey, Hiding The Secrets, I Sawed The Demons, Untitled, Facing The Spider

Doom II: Running From Evil, The Healer Stalks, DOOM, In The Dark, Shawn's Got The Shotgun, Into Sandy's City, Message For The Arch-Vile

Final Doom (TNT): Sadistic, More, Into The Beast's Belly, Infinite, Let's Kill At Will, AimShootKill, Legion Of The Lost

Favorites from PWADs:

Memento Mori: DLA, Terror, (Untitled MAP08 song), Slipper, Scary 2, The Wind

Memento Mori II: Anchor, Sacrifice, Dredge, And Blood Will Spill, Shadows Of The Dead, Circle Of Fire, Junkie Smack

Requiem: The Rhythm Of Carnage, Path Of Destruction, Jacob's Staircase, Lordly Might, Lamneth's Ground, Reason For Nothing, Dry Rot, Slider, Tides Of War

Icarus: Alien Vanguard: Pretty much everything except MAP13's music.

Hell Revealed II: Push On The Gas, MAP02, MAP07, Killing Spirit, MAP15, MAP31

OK, I'm done. :D

eargosedown said:

Dimaension X's Doom 2 tracks.

Thumbs up right there! I introduced some or most folks about this last year I believe and Dave himself posted a few times in said thread.

Anyhows on the music...

E1M1
E1M3
E1M6
E1M8
E2M2
E2M4
E2M8
E3M3
MAP01
MAP07
MAP09
MAP10
MAP18
MAP28

I like E1M8, E1M9, The Doom Intermission music, and the Doom 2 cutscene music, the Doom cutscene music, and the TNT intermission music.

As a whole, my favorite is Doom 1 soundtrack. I love spooky tracks like E1M5, E1M8, E2M2, E2M4, E2M6, E2M8 (this one gave me nightmares back in the day). Out of faster rock tracks my favorite is E1M9. Anyway I love both Doom 1 and Doom 2 sountracks.

As for psx/n64 soundtrack, I find it not very fitting to the classic Doom. It would fit Doom 3 though. If you like this dark ambient music, check Stalker soundtrack - it is very similar and kinda more scary.

my taste revolves around anything dark and scary... slow piano and scary melodies. I dont know the specific maps containing these but I do know ive heard some..

The track from All Hell is Breaking Loose's MAP02 stuck out and continues to stick out in my mind as a favorite.

I would have to say Ultimate Doom - E1 hands down. The music was excellently made and is very memorable.

The midis that you listen to when there is text on the screen is (un)godly to say the least, in both Ultimate DooM and DooM 2. The one made for Ultimate DooM is especially awesome, has an eery and brooding otherworldly atmosphere that sparks off my imagination every time I hear it. Robert Prince outwrote all of the sterile and boring NiN and Blowpeth albums by a very long shot with some of his pieces.