Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoneeLlama

Classic Doom for Dreamcast?

Doom: Requim? He threw in his own level pack it seems like. Also, a T rating? Noone's gonna belive him now unless he made the blood green.

Ack - look at the rest of the items he's selling - all of them are merely burned copies of Dreamcast homebrew, and in some cases, commercial game ROMs bundled with emulators. Not to mention all the Beats of Rage mods (which are supposed to be freeware anyway), and some "3-in-1" discs which are widely distributed via BitTorrent.

He does appear to have at least one semi-legit thing on his listing, though: Illbleed. Though given his other products, the authenticity of that is highly questionable.

What makes things worse is that in the description for one item, "Puzzle Dreams" (merely a collection of emulators for various systems and ROMs along with them), the seller writes, "the contents of this collection are available in the public domain.my charge is for items and content."

WildWeasel said:

Ack - look at the rest of the items he's selling - all of them are merely burned copies of Dreamcast homebrew, and in some cases, commercial game ROMs bundled with emulators. Not to mention all the Beats of Rage mods (which are supposed to be freeware anyway), and some "3-in-1" discs which are widely distributed via BitTorrent.

Or look at the items that he has sold. Apparently he's making a killing off of these and no one seems to care.

"doom:requiem(doom 64 elements)"

There was a doom64.wad floating around multiplayer servers. It was Doom64 monster/weapon rips tossed into requiem.wad.

WildWeasel said:

"the contents of this collection are available in the public domain.my charge is for items and content."

Loads of sellers on Ebay selling such things (i.e emulators with roms etc), have that bulls**t message or a variation directly addressed to Ebay, in their auctions.

I've reported alot of emulator/rom packages on Ebay before; sometimes Ebay take them down, other times they don't.