Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_marine666

what is your favourite/least favourite wads..

Favourite: Speed of Doom, Whispers of Satan, 2002 ADO, Scythe 2, Plutonia 2, Community Chest 2 & 3, Sunder, New Gothic, Hell Revealed 1 & 2, Vile Flesh, Killing Adventure etc.

Least favourite: Momento Mori 1 & 2, Revolution!, Twilight Zone 2, Plutonia Experiment etc.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Least favourite: Momento Mori 1 & 2, Revolution!, Twilight Zone 2, Plutonia Experiment etc.

What?

my favorite one:too many, difficult to say, prcp is one of them.
my least favorite:maybe requiem(played it only once, make me a bad impression)

Speaking about well known megawads, I really don't like Fragport. No matter how I look at it, it's simply ugly. The maps are OVERSIZED and unappealing. The absence of new music is a big minus for me too.

@Memfis - Fragport's sort of a "meh" for me, personally. However, I see no further need to mention why I dislike Eternal Doom and Armadosia. (Sure Epic 2 had switch hunt moments, but they were rare compared to EDoom, and the slaughterfests began in the last several maps)

chopkinsca said:

Least favourites: If I don't like it, I usually forget it.

This. I can't think of any that are my 'least favorite'.

My favorite is Cyberdreams. It was so fun I played it all the way through back when I'd usually get bored of megawads after the first map.

Processingcontrol said:

What?

Momento Mori 1 & 2: Not fun at all to me

Revolution!: Too easy

Twilight Zone 2: A wad for baby, and the new sounds and cacodemon
skin sucks

Plutonia Experiment: The texture is ugly

But out of all the wads out there, including wow.wad and Gamarra series, Memento Mori 1 and 2 are some of the worst?

Processingcontrol said:

But out of all the wads out there, including wow.wad and Gamarra series, Memento Mori 1 and 2 are some of the worst?

Well, this topic isn't asking about "worst," it's asking about "least favorite."

Favorites:
One Bloody Night
cchest series
DV II
Rebirth1 (Still waitng on rebirth 2 Vader :] )
Demons of Problematique 2

Least favorites:
Anything by Chris Wright (remember him?)
dwango5
32in24-10 (Really, you didn't make it a 1024 theme? you friggin' BUILT it on 10/24)

Favorites: DV II, Sunder, Scythe 2, Plutonia 1 and Plutonia 2, Hell Revealed 1 and 2 as well as all the Original ones.

Least favorites: Anything that change the monsters and/or the weapons.

Favourites: Memento Mori 1 & 2, Requiem, Revolution!, TNT Icarus, Hell Revealed, Plutonia 2, Eternal Doom, Alien Vendetta, 2002 ADO, Hell To Pay, and Perdition's Gate. Final Doom counts as a whole I like both Evilution and The Plutonia Experiment.

Least favourites: Jokewads in general (many of them are just unplayable)

Favorites: Unloved, The Ultimate Torment and Torture, Phobia: The Age, Grove, Hell Ground, The City of the Damned, The Demons of Problematique 1+2, Dawn of Reality, Phocas Island 2, Void, Diet 32in24, Mapgame, Cheogsh trilogy, Alien Vendetta, Oniria

Least Favorites: Mordeth, Asylum of the Wretched, Suspended in Dusk, Phobos: Anomaly Reborn, Crusades, Oniria 2, Legacy of Suffering, Awakening, Dark Resolutuon 2008, Celtic Mansion, Wow

I don't really have a favourite however if I had to mention a least favourite its would most definitely be UACMN.WAD

Favorites: Unloved, Whispers of Satan, Legacy of Suffering, Cold as Hell (GZDoom Edition), Speed of Doom, Deus Vult, Doom Weapons in Heretic (hey, its good to mix things up one every now and again), Hell Revealed 1 and 2, No Rest for the Living (that count as a WAD, right?), Brutal Doom, Zen Dynamics, Cheogsh, Tribute, UAC Ultra, Valhalla, Thunderpeak, Escape from Castle Chezcrea, Hellcore 2.0, and ZDoom Wars.

Hated: Chillax (download it from fathax if you're brave enough to see why), All Out War 2: The Second Coming, community map packs, RTC-3057 (too many fucking buttons), Deus Vult 2, UAC Military Nightmare, ZBlood (The original's on GOG.com, people!), and Eternal Doom 4 (I don't like getting lost because of some nearly invisible switch I forgot to press).

Favourites : Demon Nation, Alien Vendetta, Phobos Revisited, KDIZD, Zen Dynamics, Legacy of Suffering, NeoDoom, Scythe 2, NDCP2 , Whispers of Satan, Deus Vult 2

Least favourites : Stronghold (absolutely overrated), Unloved, Gvh, Tribute, Megaman DM

I was having a lot of fun on Deus Vult II until I got to that feudal japan style map, and then my FPS dropped down into single digits. I'll try again when I get faster machine...

My all-time fav. are old school vanilla stuff from TiC, TeamTNT, Michael Reed, and others in that style. Also, Aliens TC and School Doom (by Pupils of the Cyberdemon).

1ntru said:

Favorites: ... Scythe 2
Least favorites: Anything that change the monsters ...

heh

Favorites: Nimrod, KDiZD, ZDoom community map, Hi-Tech Hell 2, Ultimate Torment & Torture, Darkening 2, Cold as Hell, Caverns of Darkness, Phobos: Anomaly Reborn, 007LTSD, Scythe X.

Least favorite (only the big names): Stronghold, Memento Mori 1+2, Hell Revealed 1+2, Alien Vendetta, Community Chest 1-3 and all other megawads that are merely a collection of 32 incoherent maps. They hold no appeal to me.

Grazza said:

heh

Yeah, I thought of that when I posted it. The Afrit inclusion is such a small touch of what we could call a "Monster change". Until you get to MAP26 (or 27, can't remember now), there is no Afrit at all, and the wad is amazing MAP01-MAP25. DV-II also has two new monsters (one of which is the Afrit).

By Monster/Weapon change I was talking more about radical changes.

1ntru said:

Yeah, I thought of that when I posted it. The Afrit inclusion is such a small touch of what we could call a "Monster change". Until you get to MAP26 (or 27, can't remember now), there is no Afrit at all, and the wad is amazing MAP01-MAP25.

Evil Marine from "Mr. X"?

esselfortium said:

Evil Marine from "Mr. X"?

Sigh, you are right. There are plenty of them. I couldn't remember that.

Stop destroying my arguments, HAHA. I think we all concur that the architecture of Scythe 2 looks very good.

I'll go ahead and add "One Bloody Night" to my favorites list. It's another example of Erik Alm at his finest, if you ask me. Other than, it's what I've posted in what should be a good half dozen other threads by now: MM 1&2, HR, AV, etc.