Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Just a quick question
Does anyone play Doom 2 Multiplayer on Xbox Live?
Yes
Mostly
Sometimes
Barely
No
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:02. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Anvil 31

I played every doom except 2 and i wan't to know if there is anyone still playing multiplayer on Xbox Live? Other than that i don't see much into the game. Please reply, i signed up to ask this.

Old Post 07-13-11 10:45 #
Anvil 31 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Anvil 31

Hey, everyone! I just wan't to know if anyone still plays Xbox Live multiplayer on Doom 2. Well does anyone? Because i might not buy the game if not, but it does seem kinda fun. Please reply i signed up to ask this question.

Old Post 07-13-11 10:54 #
Anvil 31 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mithran Denizen

A few months ago it was pretty sparse, but you could find a game if you waited around long enough. I have no clue whether that has changed or not by now. There was a lot of activity for about a month after it was released, but it died down pretty quickly.

I certainly wouldn't buy XBLA Doom 2 for the multiplayer, myself, as you can do much better using a source port over the internet anyway. The No Rest For The Living bonus episode is fairly cool, though.

Old Post 07-13-11 11:03 #
Mithran Denizen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Anvil 31

Mithran Denizen said:
A few months ago it was pretty sparse, but you could find a game if you waited around long enough. I have no clue whether that has changed or not by now. There was a lot of activity for about a month after it was released, but it died down pretty quickly.

I certainly wouldn't buy XBLA Doom 2 for the multiplayer, myself, as you can do much better using a source port over the internet anyway. The No Rest For The Living bonus episode is fairly cool, though.

Yeah but when i played Doom 2 on Co-Op and Multi(TRIAL VERSION), it was so much fun! I never had that much fun in another game...

Old Post 07-13-11 11:36 #
Mithran Denizen

Well, you can have the same amount of fun (or more) playing Doom on your computer over the internet, no?

Old Post 07-13-11 11:42 #
Mithran Denizen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chungy

Pretty much anything that's not Halo or Call of Duty is dead on Xbox Live.

Old Post 07-13-11 12:00 #
chungy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Anvil 31

Mithran Denizen said:
Well, you can have the same amount of fun (or more) playing Doom on your computer over the internet, no?

Xbox has more levels, and now that you mention it i'm trying to get people to play doom 2 again and it's working! But i really wan't more users replying so i can get a more accurate answer.

Old Post 07-13-11 12:38 #
Planky

I dont, though largely due to cancelling my live account. When I did have it, I stuck with single player as there were never any games going in my area (the ones that were there had horrible latency)

Old Post 07-13-11 12:43 #
Planky is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
xvertigox

Anvil 31 said:

Xbox has more levels, and now that you mention it i'm trying to get people to play doom 2 again and it's working! But i really wan't more users replying so i can get a more accurate answer.

Doom and Doom 2 on PC have so many more levels (custom maps) than the Xbox version that... I don't even ... Not to mention all of the mods. Dude, when you realize how customizable the Doom engine is you will shit bricks. Shit, I'm still reeling over you saying Doom on the XBLA has more levels, you are in for a fucking awesome surprise :D

Old Post 07-13-11 13:10 #
xvertigox is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Anvil 31 said:
Xbox has more levels

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/
http://wadhost.fathax.com/
http://www.webalice.it/sposito.lag/

Old Post 07-13-11 13:11 #
Maes is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

I played it a couple times on Xbox, but I prefer keyboard and mouse, so I mainly stick to the PC.

Old Post 07-13-11 13:11 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
General Rainbow Bacon
may have been DoomHero85 at some point

I second what Maes said.

Old Post 07-13-11 13:44 #
General Rainbow Bacon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ralphis
IDL Founder

Nope, but I do play almost daily on my pc using Odamex!

Old Post 07-13-11 13:44 #
Ralphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
yellowmadness54

Anvil 31 said:

Xbox has more levels,

That wouldn't make sense even if you didn't include the mods.

Xbox version is shit to PC version.

Old Post 07-13-11 17:53 #
yellowmadness54 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

I missed it when it was on sale, and I'm not going to pay full price for boxes of pills and a new avatar costume.

Old Post 07-13-11 18:05 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Du Mhan Yhu

Anvil 31 said:

Yeah but when i played Doom 2 on Co-Op and Multi(TRIAL VERSION), it was so much fun! I never had that much fun in another game...

EDIT: Does the trial allow you to play split screen? Last time I tried only single player was available in the trial version..

Last edited by Du Mhan Yhu on 07-13-11 at 19:14

Old Post 07-13-11 19:07 #
Du Mhan Yhu is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SeanWJF

Get it on PC, hundreds of people play online on Zdaemon, Skulltag and Odamex. not to mention thousands of extra levels on the idgames archives and it's about the same price on steam as it is on XBL.

Old Post 07-14-11 00:51 #
SeanWJF is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mike.Reiner

This thread reminds me of years ago when I was playing ZDoom on my laptop and a co-worker saw me and was completely floored at the concept that Doom runs on anything newer than Windows 98..

Blew his mind when I told what Doom has become throughout it's lifetime.

Old Post 07-14-11 05:11 #
Mike.Reiner is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
xvertigox

Mike.Reiner said:
This thread reminds me of years ago when I was playing ZDoom on my laptop and a co-worker saw me and was completely floored at the concept that Doom runs on anything newer than Windows 98..

Blew his mind when I told what Doom has become throughout it's lifetime.

I love that situation. When somebody sees you playing Doom but is unaware of how many amazing mods there are, it's so much fun to show off awesome Doom suff :D

Old Post 07-14-11 06:09 #
xvertigox is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote