Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > The Doom Confessional Booth
Pages (82): « First ... « 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Suitepee

DoomUK said:[*]I have never been bothered to defeat the Icon of Sin and therefore officially complete Doom 2. This is a big one.

Embarassingly enough, I also have yet to officially complete Doom 2 by beating the Icon of Sin w/o cheating.

Someday I will get around to doing that, as it seems awkward that Doom is one of my all-time favourite games yet I haven't beaten Doom 2 properly.

Last edited by Suitepee on 04-03-13 at 13:30

Old Post 03-30-13 00:37 #
Suitepee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Archy
Forum Regular

I have yet to beat map 30 of The Plutonia Experiment.

Old Post 03-30-13 00:57 #
Archy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lippeth

Archy said:
I have yet to beat map 30 of The Plutonia Experiment.

I have yet to beat map 01 from Plutonia, I've been meaning to do that.

Old Post 03-30-13 05:50 #
Lippeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

Lippeth said:

I have yet to beat map 01 from Plutonia, I've been meaning to do that.

Old Post 03-30-13 05:52 #
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hunter_568
Green Marine

okay so, I hate Hell Revealed 1 and 2, too much boring map design and boring slaughter maps and I never completed Icon Of Sin for Doom II. I also hate Cacodemons and I like to kill them off before doing a level on anything. I just hate them.

Old Post 03-30-13 11:45 #
Hunter_568 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

I really don't get all the Caco hate. I think they're the cutest enemy in the entire Doom bestiary.

Old Post 03-30-13 15:49 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Archy
Forum Regular

schwerpunk said:
...cutest enemy in the entire Doom bestiary.

That would be the Pain Elemental:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6k50umzzr1r95fgm.png

Old Post 03-30-13 20:59 #
Archy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

Yeah.

I don't know whether I've confessed it here or not, but once, at the very-beginning of my mapping career, I accidentally modified both the Ultimate Doom and the DoomII IWADs, not knowing that they're not supposed to be.

Old Post 03-30-13 23:15 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hunter_568
Green Marine

schwerpunk said:
I really don't get all the Caco hate. I think they're the cutest enemy in the entire Doom bestiary.

I just hate that sadistic smile on their faces

Old Post 03-30-13 23:25 #
Hunter_568 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

Hunter_568 said:

I just hate that sadistic smile on their faces

Even during they're getting hurt!!...

Old Post 03-30-13 23:47 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ComicMischief

Cell said:

(smiling) Even during they're getting hurt!!...

This actually makes them masochists, not sadists.

Old Post 03-31-13 00:19 #
ComicMischief is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
invictius
Forum Regular

Back in the vanilla days, I'd often not bother to try out a new wad unless it came with new music. And metallica midis didn't count as new music, either.

Old Post 03-31-13 11:29 #
invictius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

invictius said:
Back in the vanilla days, I'd often not bother to try out a new wad unless it came with new music. And metallica midis didn't count as new music, either.

I actually hated if complete MegaWads didn't even overwrite the music (not including for example Plutonia, which in fact had OGST, but not in the same scheme like DOOM2.wad). Normally they were just shitwads, for example, Mattbratt's level pack (the first four maps being stolen, the rest 28 being plain gray square rooms). But even so, I really hated those that had some music overwritten, nevertheless, from MAP20 to MAP26, they remained to be the original ones. Nauseastic.

Old Post 03-31-13 15:00 #
SandGator
Mini-Member

I'm 26, so I was but a lad back when Doom and Doom II came out. My brother had the shareware version of Doom I, and the complete second game, so I thought Doom I was ridiculously short (especially since I always played with cheats back then). It would be many years before I completed the full version of Doom...the Xbox Live version. It was weird seeing "new" levels so many years later.

Gotta throw my hat in the "didn't even beat Doom II" ring. I'm about halfway, I think.

I hate Containment Area.

I'm sure I can't be the first person on Doomworld to say this, but I thought the shadow between the legs of the dead imp sprite was a rather massive butthole.

Old Post 04-02-13 09:43 #
SandGator is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

SandGator said:
I'm sure I can't be the first person on Doomworld to say this, but I thought the shadow between the legs of the dead imp sprite was a rather massive butthole.

It ought to be that way according to me aswell.

Old Post 04-02-13 14:29 #
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

I've always looked at skull keys not as painted/natural demonic skulls, but rather ones made out of gems. In R/Y/B order: Ruby, Citrine and Sapphire.

Old Post 04-16-13 06:07 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

They look too solid to be gems to me.

Old Post 04-16-13 06:12 #
Avoozl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Too solid?

Old Post 04-16-13 07:54 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fernito

Platinum Shell said:
I've always looked at skull keys not as painted/natural demonic skulls, but rather ones made out of gems. In R/Y/B order: Ruby, Citrine and Sapphire.

Same here.

Old Post 04-16-13 11:49 #
Fernito is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

I never really thought about the skulls... Until now. I like the idea of them being made of gems. In fact, I like the idea so much that I just Googled Ruby (crystal), Sapphire, and Citrine skulls respectively just now.

I like gems, and I think the shape and detail of a human skull is just about the perfect form in which to appreciate the qualities of gems and other stones. There's just something about the broad, smooth convexes along with the small concaves and little details like teeth and nose. It just appeals to me for some reason. And I know it's not some kind of teen-aged momento mori sentiment, because I outgrew most of that and I still find the shape beautiful.

Anyway, back to Doom:

I think Doom 1 & 2 are lacking in E1 monsters. We've got Former Humans, Sergeants, Imps, Pinkies, and Spectres. I always felt like there were some missing in-between mobs. Although this could be related to my general love of E1 and techbases. Once the big boys come out to play, I don't find the game as much fun. It's still Doom, but it's not my favourite aspect of Doom.

Last edited by schwerpunk on 04-16-13 at 15:28

Old Post 04-16-13 11:55 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
_bruce_

Absolutely agree with the skulls - always saw them as crystal based tech objects which was the demons' followup of the original key design.
Going from keys to skulls later in the game was a subtle but cool move.

Old Post 04-16-13 17:05 #
_bruce_ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Squadallah
Green Marine

I spent time with my sister debating to figure out if the hole in the back of cacodemons had to be called a headhole or a butthole.

Also, I always thought that Barrel-o-fun was named this way in the sole purpose of trolling the player.
Get my hint? I HATE THIS MAP. Along with Perfect Hatred which lives up to its name.

Old Post 04-17-13 10:10 #
Squadallah is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Squadallah said:
I spent time with my sister debating to figure out if the hole in the back of cacodemons had to be called a headhole or a butthole.

The general consensus is that it's a headhole. Somehow, a D&D creature's head became disembodied and wandered into the Doom universe.

Even if you already knew this, you can show this painting to her to settle the debate once and for all.

Old Post 04-17-13 16:16 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

I never realised anyone could look at them as anything but gems before reading your post!

Old Post 04-17-13 17:51 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vandoom
Green Marine

I'd enjoy seeing more Doom rule 34, it's hilarious

Old Post 04-17-13 20:50 #
Vandoom is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

I'm not that fond of Doom2 using monster types so sparsely that some of them doesn't appear throughout 6 entire maps (and that is from the over-500 HP category).

Old Post 04-17-13 21:33 #
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Phml said:

I never realised anyone could look at them as anything but gems before reading your post!

When I was eight, I used to think killing an archvile would give you the yellow skull key.

Old Post 04-18-13 00:24 #
SandGator
Mini-Member

Platinum Shell said:

When I was eight, I used to think killing an archvile would give you the yellow skull key.

I like the idea of Doomguy jamming an Arch-vile's severed head into a keyhole.

Old Post 04-18-13 00:32 #
SandGator is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Squadallah
Green Marine

DoomUK said:

The general consensus is that it's a headhole. Somehow, a D&D creature's head became disembodied and wandered into the Doom universe.

Even if you already knew this, you can show this painting to her to settle the debate once and for all.

Oh, didn't know about that! Actually I just sent her the pic and she relaunched the debate because she sticks to her "it's a butthole because if not it means they shit through their mouth". I have a very romantic and sweet sister as you can see hahaha.

Old Post 04-18-13 03:12 #
Squadallah is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

My first map was called "FIRST" in DB2, so it never loaded up. I reinstalled DB2 because I made a retarded.

Old Post 04-18-13 06:43 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote