Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

umm Lüt or somthing...

I seem to rember Lüt saying something bad about posting in month old threds. could someone explain how it works before i get myself banned?

Cheers.

Well, since the threads lock themselves every month or so anyway (another forum bug), basically anything that's unlocked is fair game.

Hmm. I seem to remember Lüt saying "Anything that's open is fair game, as long as you make a resonable reply to it", but I guess if Ling said that then his vote outweighs Lüt's.

Well, since the threads lock themselves every month or so anyway (another forum bug), basically anything that's unlocked is fair game.

I don't think it's a forum bug, I think it's implemented on purpose to prevent Buttsex-esque people from coming back and replying to something from August.

I don't think I'd reply to anything over a week without a reply myself, most people have given up caring then, that's the hint, anyway :)

Lüt doesn't mind people who resurrect open old threads, but don't even THINK about it in the Doom 3 forum, or Zaldron and Flathead will play football (Soccer) with your head.

I don't think it's a forum bug, I think it's implemented on purpose to prevent Buttsex-esque people from coming back and replying to something from August.

Actually, I'm almost positive it's a bug.

As long as you have something important to say (read : more than 5 sentences), you'll be fine. Resurrect a thread just to post "postcount++" and you'll get a title that fits your IQ.

too many rules for posting on a forum in my opinion, but whatever.

Who cares if it's an old thread? I'm a fairly new member, and what if I find an older thread that is very interesting to me? Further more, what if I have something I feel is worth saying?

For that reason I see nothing wrong with replying to threads of any age. Of course I agree that it's innapropriate to do it just for the sake of raising your post count, but if you've got something to say then say it for hell's sake.

One of the reasons I've stuck to this forum is because of how random and open it can be. Sure some threads get light years away from their original purpose, or from Doom, but isn't that the whole point??

p.s. I like the little bit about turning pop-ups off at the bottom of the reply screen, very helpful.