Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > can doom legacy run DOOM 1?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zed044

i tried changing it in the game settings but when i launch it, it runs it in DOOM II... i also changed the .exe to open it to DOOM.exe not doom2.exe

Old Post 03-02-02 18:49 #
zed044 is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KING ELVIS
This post is probably about my frontend

Please use a launcher to get rid of your problem.

Old Post 03-02-02 19:08 #
KING ELVIS is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zed044

well i wanted the good cool graphics from doom legacy!

also when i do launch from the launcher it doesnt have the good graphics it does when i just open up legacy...how do i make legacy open up doom 1 instead of doom 2???

Old Post 03-02-02 20:28 #
zed044 is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Osiriss1281
Green Marine

Use the Doom Legacy launcher EXE, theres an option for software or hardware (openGL) graphics rendering. Any other options can be configured in game. Point the launcher to your DOOM WADS (it has 4slots) then checkmark the one you want to play (Doom.wad)

Old Post 03-02-02 21:48 #
Osiriss1281 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KING ELVIS
This post is probably about my frontend

well i wanted the good cool graphics from doom legacy!

also when i do launch from the launcher it doesnt have the good graphics it does when i just open up legacy...how do i make legacy open up doom 1 instead of doom 2???

Ops, what's that?

Anyway, please use this launcher for that: http://kickme.to/theking

Old Post 03-02-02 22:40 #
KING ELVIS is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zed044

osiris i already said in the first post that i tried that...

here i drew a little picturethat explains my problem...

http://www.geocities.com/ckytabs/all.gif

(i tried to make a link with HTML code but it didnt work...)

~sigh~

1st pic: see i put the dot on the doom.wad and changed the dir. to the doom.exe directory...

2nd pic:i have all the right graphix stuff on...

3rd pic:it opens doom 2!!

help me please...

Old Post 03-02-02 23:11 #
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crème brûlée

You have the launcher pointing to the regular .exe. Have it point to legacy.exe. Also, make sure you have all the legacy files in your ultimate doom directory.

c:\Games\doom\ultimate doom\doom\legacy.exe

Old Post 03-02-02 23:37 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sephiroth
O o
/Ż_________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

just use the legacy launcher to get use to it, then try one of king elvis's great launchers.

Old Post 03-03-02 02:50 #
Sephiroth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zed044

thanks stphrz, it works fine now. =)

Old Post 03-03-02 03:11 #