Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

deathwarrior was RIGHT?!

Question: I don't seem to have a HOSTS file. I found an lmhosts.sam file, but it seemed to be more for locating hosts, as opposed to blocking them. Wtf? I'm running WinXP Pro.

DC

I'm getting really sick to death of people Timeline.png-ing all over the place. I bet most of the people doing it haven't even seen teh origional timeline.png anyway.

I haven't tried Ling's method yet, the simple restricted sites thing seemed to work for me.

I thought everyone knew about that little line you added, Ling.

I'm confused, I thought I was the first one to notice it since it was in the middle of my spamming bonanza. =]

Heh, I noticed it during the day, that thread was made at night, where I live anyway. I didn't mention it cause ya know, something like that is hard to miss.

Heh, don't see how you could possibly miss it =P

Heh, don't see how you could possibly miss it =P

TO DISABLE POPUPS LOOK HERE. IF YOU MAKE A POST BITCHING ABOUT THE POPUPS I WILL KILL YOU.

It is kinda hard to miss a death threat ;)

Question: I don't seem to have a HOSTS file. I found an lmhosts.sam file, but it seemed to be more for locating hosts, as opposed to blocking them. Wtf? I'm running WinXP Pro.

DC

...JUST FOLLOW LING'S INSTRUCTIONS.

Just because nobody made a thread about it, does that mean nobody saw it?

I saw it, the reason I didn't make a thread about it is because I thought everyone else knew.

So what exactly does it make it do? Looks to me like its telling windows/browser to look for ugo's ad server on your computer (thus not finding shit to pop up)

And how can i find out the advert servers of other sites so i can block it all and have that nice hosts file on a floppy after each format?

...JUST FOLLOW LING'S INSTRUCTIONS.

It's kind of hard to follow instructions if my crayons are different from everyone elses.

DC

So I'm supposed to edit a file I don't have? Sounds like an...interesting idea there bud...

DC

I too, do not have a hosts file in my windows Directory. I'm running Win2K, which might have something to do with it, I dunno. I've tried making a hosts file, but it made no difference. I'm not that worried though, cos only one or two of the popups manage to squirm through teh popup stopper.

I don't know if this is the case but do you have set the option to show all the system files and their extentions?

Yes. I hate accidentally renaming a file 'blah.zip.zip' or whatever. And my system files are shown.