Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Things about Doom you just found out
Pages (81): « First ... « 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:34. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cell

joe-ilya said:
30 has a random line

I was always wondering what the Hell (pun intent) it does there.

For MAP19, I've finally found out what the button near the blue skull would do if the FLAT23 sector was actually designed in a better way.

Old Post 02-03-13 21:19 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Hellbent said:

<pic of adding all numbers together>
Mind = blown

sum of integers from 1 to n is equal to (n+1)(n/2). Gauss said so.

So you could have just done 37x18.

Old Post 02-04-13 00:16 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

Gez said:
So you could have just done 37x18.

And since you know that 3x37 equals 111, everything comes clear.

Old Post 02-04-13 18:48 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scifista42

I recently found out that Zandronum, surprisingly, supports translucent 3D floors in software renderer! WOOOW! I haven't even dreamed about that, now it opens such a great new possibilities for mappers... :D

Old Post 02-05-13 16:17 #
scifista42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Archy
Forum Regular

ASD said:
http://www.doomworld.com/vbmisc/qvid.png
Some freaky stuff I decided to make of E2M4's sector 20. Has anyone else thought like this when played this part of the map?

Real interesting, didn't know that the DOOM engine could do this...

Old Post 02-06-13 01:23 #
Archy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
qoncept

Archy said:

WTF is that?

Old Post 02-06-13 16:28 #
qoncept is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

0:55 - shit my pants.
Anyway, since when is there a backpack in the corner of the red room?

Old Post 02-06-13 17:40 #
CorSair
Forum Regular

Mind = blown

Old Post 02-06-13 22:07 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ASD

Archy said:

Spoiler:
Multiplayer. My friend controlled the second player so all he had to do was to sneak behind me. And yeah, that backpack revealed it. Creating a player sprite for a one sided texture would've been an another but more troublesome method.

Old Post 02-06-13 22:57 #
ASD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title

I found out the Master Level's teeth.wad atually means T.E.E.T.H, ie The Express Elevator to Hell. Yes this is amazingly obvious, but ive always thought it was randomly named after actual teeth >_>

I facepalmed HARD.

Old Post 02-07-13 00:39 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Archy
Forum Regular

ASD said:

Spoiler:
Multiplayer. My friend controlled the second player so all he had to do was to sneak behind me. And yeah, that backpack revealed it.

Explains the lack of HUD...

ASD said:

Creating a player sprite for a one sided texture would've been an another but more troublesome method.

Wouldn't just copying the front view to all eight sides do the trick? Or you could DeHack the SS soldier.

Old Post 02-07-13 00:56 #
Archy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomCollector
Mini-Member

The Swedish Doom Sega 32x instructions are pretty funny.
They took some liberties with the translation.

Restricted flicks -> children's shows (intro)
Hey, Not Too Rough -> Handle With Care
Hurt Me Plenty -> Whip Me Hard (!!)
Super adrenaline rush -> super adrenaline shock (Berserk description)
Invulnerability artifact -> Invulnerability gizmo

Old Post 02-10-13 17:09 #
DoomCollector is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

There's a face, which looks a lot like a Baron/Knight in MARBGRAY
I understand it may be hard to see, as it is indeed quite faint, but it is definitely there

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1345/marbleface.th.png

Old Post 02-11-13 20:21 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

What I'm seeing looks like the profile of a dude's head with a hairpiece just above his ear, and coming to an upward drift-like point towards the front.

Old Post 02-12-13 01:58 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

I see a clown laughing. Laughing at my small cigar. Also, my mother is there.

Old Post 02-12-13 02:09 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomCollector
Mini-Member

I've always thought Valles Marineris looks like a Cyberdemon with one arm to the right and with his guts smeared in a horizontal line and his leg having been blown off any lying above him with the hoof pointing to the left.
Like Cyberdemon roadkill.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Marineris.jpeg

Old Post 02-12-13 03:34 #
DoomCollector is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Ha, I see it.

Old Post 02-12-13 03:41 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

I see it too lol.

Old Post 02-12-13 04:39 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

Let it be introduced to Brutal DooM, maybe they'll be making an effect like that.

Old Post 02-13-13 20:26 #
BaronOfStuff

Ribbiks said:
just noticed doomguy is left-handed

Ambidextrous. Punches and fires the Pistol with his left hand, but the Shotgun/SSG and Plasma Rifle are fired with the right.

Old Post 02-14-13 15:08 #
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Gez said, long ago:
I remember reading someone (on the ZDoom forum I think) explaining that Doom Guy's handling of the various weapons was consistent with what someone who is a cross-dominant lefty would do; favoring his left hand for the small pistol which can be held in front of him anyway, but otherwise favoring his right eye for all the long weapons.

For reference, the ZDoom thread.

Old Post 02-14-13 15:20 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

BaronOfStuff said:

Ambidextrous. Punches and fires the Pistol with his left hand, but the Shotgun/SSG and Plasma Rifle are fired with the right.

Extra advantage for the Marine.

Old Post 02-14-13 16:30 #
Enzo03
Mini-Member

Huh. I'm right-handed but left-eyed, just the opposite. I also aim much better with a rifle if I hold it left-handed.

Old Post 02-15-13 15:44 #
Enzo03 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

AlexMax said:
Blood splat sprites scale depending on how much each shot did.

Old Post 02-15-13 15:53 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

Enzo03 said:
left-eyed

What?

Old Post 02-16-13 14:54 #
schwerpunk

Haven't you ever seen Top Gun, Cell?

EDIT: looked for a video, but couldn't find one. Maybe it's some other movie where the pilot has to train in order to become proficient with his non-dominant eye.

Old Post 02-16-13 15:28 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LigH
Forum Regular

Could have been "JAG".

Old Post 02-16-13 18:13 #
LigH is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

schwerpunk said:
Haven't you ever seen Top Gun, Cell?

That will be the next thing about Doom I'll have just found out.

Old Post 02-16-13 22:06 #
LigH
Forum Regular

Ah, no, it was Fire Birds. I remember now a scene in a helicopter, where a co-pilot could not get real landscape and computer visuals in sync.

Old Post 02-16-13 22:17 #
LigH is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Just found this secret in Z1M5 of KDiZD. Hello Tormentor667

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5750/screenshotdoom201302202.th.png

Old Post 02-20-13 22:08 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote