Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archy

mancubus.net is down!! [back up now :P]

On an unrelated note, doom2.net has been down for months. Is it permanently dead this time?

How much data was on doom2.net, if someone wanted to mirror it how much bandwidth would it consume? But I guess the website has to be accessible to mirror the contents.

But I really miss that website.

Archy said:

It's incomplete but better than nothing...

Doom2.net archived via Way Back Machine.

The music files on Doom Depot are unavailable, which was what I was looking for. I had them all on my system until I had a computer catastrophe a while back. If anyone is feeling charitable and feels like sharing them, throw me a PM.

Check your PMs.

@Archy - unless there's something on ftp://mancubus.net you can't find elsewhere I'd suggest you use one of the other idgames mirrors.

Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".

As for Doom2.net, I have a snapshot from 2010 that's fairly complete apart from COMPET-N (would need the database and server-side files in order to host that site) and plenty of space on my web host, but I'm reluctant to mirror without permission from BahdKo or the individual hosted site owners.

Avoozl said:

Is there any way to know why it is down?

If you mean Doom2.net, looks like a non-existent nameserver in it's SOA record and maybe other factors that are harder to spot.

DoomUK said:

On an unrelated note, doom2.net has been down for months.

No shit, I couldn't even access Doom Depot because of that. :(

Is it permanently dead this time?

I certainly hope it isn't.

Mancubus II said:

It's accessible again, crisis averted.

Thank you, we can now all breath again.

I ping doom2.net and this is what I get.

john@deep-thought ~ $ ping doom2.net
PING doom2.net (195.197.184.88) 56(84) bytes of data.
From vl1042.sx1.alto.esp.fi.eunetip.net (62.142.10.231) icmp_seq=1 Packet filtered
From vl1042.sx1.alto.esp.fi.eunetip.net (62.142.10.231) icmp_seq=4 Packet filtered
From vl1042.sx1.alto.esp.fi.eunetip.net (62.142.10.231) icmp_seq=5 Packet filtered
From vl1042.sx1.alto.esp.fi.eunetip.net (62.142.10.231) icmp_seq=7 Packet filtered
From vl1042.sx1.alto.esp.fi.eunetip.net (62.142.10.231) icmp_seq=9 Packet filtered
From vl1042.sx1.alto.esp.fi.eunetip.net (62.142.10.231) icmp_seq=11 Packet filtered
From vl1042.sx1.alto.esp.fi.eunetip.net (62.142.10.231) icmp_seq=13 Packet filtered
From vl1042.sx1.alto.esp.fi.eunetip.net (62.142.10.231) icmp_seq=15 Packet filtered
From vl1042.sx1.alto.esp.fi.eunetip.net (62.142.10.231) icmp_seq=17 Packet filtered
^C
--- doom2.net ping statistics ---
19 packets transmitted, 0 received, +9 errors, 100% packet loss, time 18054ms

john@deep-thought ~ $
Someone needs to bring this website back. Are all of the files still on the servers?

neubejiita said:

Are all of the files still on the servers?

Your guess is as good as mine. I'll try getting in contact with BahdKo and hopefully get the site back up one way or another.