Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KNorton

Favorite Port?

Just wanted to start some new conversation here. What is everyone's favorite port? And if you don't like ports you can say MSN Zone. Mine is ZDaemon for internet games. I really don't like mouselag, which is something I am usually plauged with on the Zone. However, I always use some good 'ol DOS IPX for LAN. =]

msn zone - never tried it, but heard its a good port, besides its oldschool, so i think i'd love it
zdaemon - great deal, except it's made by nightfang ;p
csdoom - its alright trashy subsitute when everything else is corrupted
doomserv - Awesome port

hahaha you guys are so mean to Nightfang, maybe if we said more good things about him he would make a ZDaemon 1.0 that would kickarse.

i'd prefer MSN Zone, if the open ports list didn't fuck up again.

now i have to live with zdaemon/csdoom.

When I played DOOM in school with some mates (has happened only a few times), we downloaded Doom95 + shareware. Unlike what most people think, it's an excellent front-end for quickly setting up multiplayer games + it's the ONLY source port that recaptures doom2.exe's mouse feel under Windows.

I mostly use zdaemon/csdoom combined, Doom connector sometimes, that's only fault is you have to go enter a room before you know what game/wad is being played and by whom, God I miss Doomserv :)

I was never really a huge fan of DoomServ or Doom Connector. I think it was a great idea, (More-so Doom Connector then the VB evilness of DS) being able to join games and chat from one thing. However I've always been a IRC person...the only reason I would go onto DoomServ or Doom Connector is to see people who don't use IRC. IRC and ZLauncher, that's the only frontends I need. =]

ZDaemon. It was the first one I downloaded, and I never really cared to get another one. It just needs more co-op servers.

If you goto #zdaemon (irc.openprojects.net) and yell at lyfe to put up some coop servers, I'm sure he would.

MSN Zone for sure... ZDaemon would be ok if I could hit anything

Nightfang did mention that he has intent to upgrade zdaemon when zdoom 1.23 is released. Code another zdaemon on zdoom 1.23 in other words.

Co-op servers...I've seen one up by "Fish Sticks" frequently.

Hmm, I could put one up on rarefiles, does anyone have some quick advice on settings, command line, dmflags, etc.?

Originally posted by Erik
MSN Zone for sure... ZDaemon would be ok if I could hit anything

agreed.