Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Whose WAD - You decide

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:52. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Just downloaded MACVILEWHORE's file IMPRES.ZIP from the "newstuff". It is an interesting little bex and sprite patch that creates a new super imp using the normally unused Lost Soul thing and the unused pain elemental respawn frames for its attack. Unfortunately it seems a touch familiar to me.

If anyone has downloaded this file, I respectfully suggest you also visit my site (http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/) and click on the dehacked link. From there, follow the "Some worked examples of how to do things, with downloads." link and then the "Additional Super Imp (BEX)" link. From there you will find an explanation of how to create an additional imp using the dead lost soul and pain elemental respawn frames. There is also a link to the example file that includes the BEX patch and a sprite replacement WAD, much like MACVILEWHORE's. Or if you prefer, just download http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/DEHEX/imp.zip directly.

My file was put up some time ago and is a modified version of a file I posted on the Zdoom forums a week or so before that. My BEX patch in the zip is dated 5th March 2001. MACVILEWHORE's BEX patch is dated 25th June 2001.

From my patch

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

# Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.
#Changes regular imp to use brown colour shifting
#and changes dead lost soul into a grey super imp
#using the pain elemental respawn frames

From MACVILEWHORE's patch

In fact, the only differences between the files is the hit point values, speeds and bits are set a bit differently.

His imp is faster, has more HPs and does not use colour shifting to appear grey. Which of course is interesting in itself, as MACVILEWHORE's BEX file comment clearly states colour shifting is used to create a GREY super imp. I dont know where MACVILEWHORE is from, but also notice the British spelling of colour and grey in the patch instead of the American color and gray. The accompanying resource wad containing green imp sprites also has a familiar look to it.

Another version of this hack/patch can also be found as part of my zdoom megawad NJZD2001 which can also be DL'd from my site, or from CDROM.COM

(ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/.2/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/njzd2001.zip)

Like I said in the title, you decide. I'm pretty sure what the base of MACVILEWHORE's wad is. It is not "King Re0l's mom" as the text file proclaims, but is simply my WAD with a few minor lines of text changed in the BEX file.

I do not mind people using my example wads as a base for their own work. In fact, that is one of the reasons I have put up my dehacked tutorials. I think it is stretching it a bit to basically just copy the file, with very minor changes, and then release it as your own work without giving me any credit though.

MACVILEWHORE, are you pissing in my coffee?

Comments please, anyone.

Old Post 06-29-01 18:49 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sir Fragsalot
Mini-Member

I don't know whether or not Mac did copy you, but I just want to state that the txt file included in the zip is one of the funniest I've ever seen.

PS: Mac is Canadian, like me. That's why he spells things correctly.

Old Post 06-29-01 18:57 #
Sir Fragsalot is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Test-0
Green Marine

Heh. :)

Old Post 06-29-01 19:21 #
Test-0 is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

Just downloaded MACVILEWHORE's file IMPRES.ZIP from the "newstuff". It is an interesting little bex and sprite patch that creates a new super imp using the normally unused Lost Soul thing and the unused pain elemental respawn frames for its attack. Unfortunately it seems a touch familiar to me.

If anyone has downloaded this file, I respectfully suggest you also visit my site (http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/) and click on the dehacked link. From there, follow the "Some worked examples of how to do things, with downloads." link and then the "Additional Super Imp (BEX)" link. From there you will find an explanation of how to create an additional imp using the dead lost soul and pain elemental respawn frames. There is also a link to the example file that includes the BEX patch and a sprite replacement WAD, much like MACVILEWHORE's. Or if you prefer, just download http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/DEHEX/imp.zip directly.

My file was put up some time ago and is a modified version of a file I posted on the Zdoom forums a week or so before that. My BEX patch in the zip is dated 5th March 2001. MACVILEWHORE's BEX patch is dated 25th June 2001.

From my patch

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

From MACVILEWHORE's patch

In fact, the only differences between the files is the hit point values, speeds and bits are set a bit differently.

His imp is faster, has more HPs and does not use colour shifting to appear grey. Which of course is interesting in itself, as MACVILEWHORE's BEX file comment clearly states colour shifting is used to create a GREY super imp. I dont know where MACVILEWHORE is from, but also notice the British spelling of colour and grey in the patch instead of the American color and gray. The accompanying resource wad containing green imp sprites also has a familiar look to it.

Another version of this hack/patch can also be found as part of my zdoom megawad NJZD2001 which can also be DL'd from my site, or from CDROM.COM

(ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/.2/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/njzd2001.zip)

Like I said in the title, you decide. I'm pretty sure what the base of MACVILEWHORE's wad is. It is not "King Re0l's mom" as the text file proclaims, but is simply my WAD with a few minor lines of text changed in the BEX file.

I do not mind people using my example wads as a base for their own work. In fact, that is one of the reasons I have put up my dehacked tutorials. I think it is stretching it a bit to basically just copy the file, with very minor changes, and then release it as your own work without giving me any credit though.

MACVILEWHORE, are you pissing in my coffee?

Comments please, anyone.

Damn man,I had no idea it was yours, ralphis and i talked about it, he sent me the wad to try out, and sense ralphis is such a bastrad I decided to steal it and modify it beyond recognition, the .txt file he gave me didn't say your name in it though, but it did have the colour shifting thing in it, it said his name in it andall his stuff was where yours was supposed too. Man I am so sorry, ralphis is such a fuck. From now on please note that my impres.zip is based mostly off the fine work of Enjay here, if someone can tell me how to update the .txt file that was in it so I can give credit to enjay.

I had no idea man, I haven't even been to your site, maybe I should give it a gander. Sorry bout the mess up man

/me goes to kick the crap outta ralphis

Old Post 06-29-01 19:34 #
MACVILWHORE is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Sounds genuine enough to me.

"Apology accepted, Captain Needah."

No hard feelings.

If you want to update the text, I think you just upload a new version to CD-Rom with a note to Ty Halderman (the archive maintainer) that you want the new file to replace the old.

Old Post 06-29-01 19:50 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

Ok, I sent in the updated ZIP and TXT files to incoming, now we just gotta wait for the dude to overwrite the ones that are in newstuff already.

Hope that clears it up.

Old Post 06-29-01 21:28 #
MACVILWHORE is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

Heh, sorry.

Old Post 06-29-01 23:11 #
Ralphis`
Loser

Damn man,I had no idea it was yours, ralphis and i talked about it, he sent me the wad to try out, and sense ralphis is such a bastrad I decided to steal it and modify it beyond recognition, the .txt file he gave me didn't say your name in it though, but it did have the colour shifting thing in it, it said his name in it andall his stuff was where yours was supposed too. Man I am so sorry, ralphis is such a fuck.

WTF? when the fuck did i send you any bloody .bex file?
The only fucking .bex i have is a railgun one. So you shut the fuck up before i cross the border and piss in your face.

Old Post 06-29-01 23:59 #
Ralphis` is offline Profile || Blog || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

Don't play dumb with me fuckhead, you sent me it yesterday in an email. Or were you too busy being an ass that you forgot?

Old Post 06-30-01 00:11 #
Ralphis`
Loser

WTF? I haven't talked to you for weeks since IRC. You asshole.

Old Post 06-30-01 00:11 #
Ralphis` is offline Profile || Blog || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

FLAMEWAR!!!

/me grabs nachos and a pepsi.

Old Post 06-30-01 00:22 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RTC_Marine

roflmao, this is gonna be one good fight *whips out the nachos and dip*

Old Post 06-30-01 12:26 #
RTC_Marine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tobester
I die a lot.

Pass me those nachos RTC!

Old Post 06-30-01 12:33 #
Tobester is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

y'all bring the fire, I'll bring the beer :P

Old Post 06-30-01 14:40 #
pilottobombadier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katgut
Post Out Of Order

roflmao, this is gonna be one good fight *whips out the nachos and dip*

We had the dip once Ralphis came in.

Old Post 06-30-01 15:11 #
Katgut is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ShadyXMR
I'm a Slave 4 U

Take this up on AIM kiddies. Or IRC, or PM's.

Old Post 07-01-01 07:18 #
ShadyXMR is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote