Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[PROTOTYPE]

Super Shotgun Dilemma

stop over-analyzing a video game aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

A lot of people underestimate the single shotgun. It's a shame the Quake weapons weren't as balanced. I wonder why not?

Marcaek said:

A lot of people underestimate the single shotgun. It's a shame the Quake weapons weren't so balanced.

We're doomers4life.We MUST over-analyze Doom,brcause that's what we do.Every secret level,every piece of byte in the engine,we have to know it.By the way,Doom has won the battle of time over Quake.Doom is still fun to play,and it's sprites are just unique.Quake is just another obsolete 3D game with clumsy mechanics.Of course,I'm talking from a 2012 standpoint.Sorry to all Quakers,hurting you was not the point.But then again,maybe this is da wrong forum 4 you...

Marcaek said:

I wonder why not?

It's like asking why e.g. with some women things go as smooth as silk, and with others it's an ordeal: some things are just meant to be ;-)

Marcaek said:

A lot of people underestimate the single shotgun. It's a shame the Quake weapons weren't as balanced. I wonder why not?

That's because Quake 1's gameplay was designed in like two months, and they never had a chance to go back and properly balance the guns before release. Quake 1 is basically one big rough draft.

Quake 2 was a lot worse for that. Is there ANY useful application of the Q2 shotgun after you get the SSG? The machinegun is at least easier on ammo but the recoil almost nullifies this advantage.

Maes said:

It's like asking why e.g. with some women things go as smooth as silk, and with others it's an ordeal: some things are just meant to be ;-)

again, science gives us the explanation: the Periodic Table of Femininity. different females have different properties related to how far they are from the Period.

additionally, each of them displays varying rates of psychobitchive decay: as time passes, they gradually but inevitably approach psychobitchivity. It may take dozens of years in some exceptionally stable cases, and the process can sometimes be temporarily retarded or reversed with certain chemical elements, minerals, or other substances (such as chocolate, gold, diamonds, and chlorpromazine) but the laws of nature will not be denied.