Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

An ideal deathmatch map

Hmm, tough to say. I think it would have to have lots of places to hide, like walls that you can only see through from one side. It'd have to have an open area in the middle with sniping places from the sides, but occasionally force you into more enclosed areas.

For examples, I like dcdwango map03, gothicdm maps 02 and 27, tntblood map 02. Not too large, several paths to the same places, no hiding places with one-way walls, weapons in strategic locations to fight over, BFG available only at significant peril. Actually, BFG is in only one of the four maps mentioned.

Schools do make for good maps I guess. I think a neighborhood map would be cool. One where you could go in each house. Kinda like the old tombstn wads. The remake of tombstn on dwango5 was kinda weak. There are a ton of things that make a map good. Balance comes to my mind first. A map must be balanced well. Like for instance... normal map01 is balanced very well...it is to much of a control map and spawn-kill map. A map like the newer kaboom.wad is well balanced, and it was made not to be a spawn-kill map. I don't think details and good looking maps make for good DM maps, it might help a little bit..but it doesn't make the map good. As long as a map has something to move behind when you're SSG is reloading, then it's cool....also maps where you can use cool tricks is great. I think knorticdm.wad will own all =]