Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > "dm1.wad" uploaded

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

(Thread also found here.)

I recently finished and uploaded a map which I set up to be a deathmatch arena, but I'm not sure if it appropriately classifies as one. The size of the map mainly concerns me. You can find it here. Tell me what you think.

Old Post 03-17-02 04:13 #
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

it's ok... one thing I would do though is to raise the teleporters' floors by 8 units so you can see them more clearly

Old Post 03-17-02 05:05 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

OK map... looks fine, a little oversized perhaps.

Old Post 03-17-02 11:51 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

too large? i disagree, i prefer slightly biger maps.

uh, rsky_1 doesn't quite stretch to cover the windows if you run right up to the three window 'colums'. I'd raise them 8.

/me does it myself :P

uh, yeah, I'd make the teleporters a little more obvious too, otherwis i like this, I'll play cajun in it

Old Post 03-17-02 12:42 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

It's a little dull... try add some bright light sources for contrast and decorate with computers or something... always works.

Old Post 03-17-02 12:46 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

/me dl's

Old Post 03-17-02 12:48 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Lutarez, those are some cool maps!

Old Post 03-17-02 12:50 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

yay. Fredrik: why is it too large? O_o

Old Post 03-17-02 12:54 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Fredrik
It's a little dull... try add some bright light sources for contrast and decorate with computers or something... always works.

bah, that wouldn't be in keeping with the theme, unless you used sparing amounts of monitors set into the walls.

Old Post 03-17-02 13:09 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

The wad has been updated:
I raised the teleporters in the torched pillar areas by 8 pts and improved the lighting on them. I also fixed the unwanted ceiling flat changes also found in the torched pillar areas. The main ceiling flat is RROCK03 but MFLR8_2 was on the sectors that provide the light from the torch.)

Pritch: Yeah I noticed that too, but if I did raise those sectors to compensate, the texture's alignment wouldn't look right. (I was trying to keep the appropriate scale with the length of the METAL2 / 4 textures (32, 64, 96, 128...) Besides, I didn't think it would be much of a problem.

Old Post 03-17-02 17:05 #
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

If you raise it, you can use unpegging and offsetting to make the textures aligned.

Old Post 03-18-02 00:35 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote