Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Some MIDI help

I just extracted this MIDI from Dwango6, map20. If it's an actual song (I'm pretty sure it is, knowing the Dwango wads) can anyone help me as to what it is and who it's by. It sounds familiar to me, yet I can't quite put my finger on it.

I'd check it out if these computers didn't have a block on MIDI files... I'll look at it when I get home, but chances are someone else would have already said "yes it's this" or "no it's not"

It's some kind of remix (or just a crappy version) of Blue Monday by Orgy/New Order.

Originally posted by Lüt
It's some kind of remix (or just a crappy version) of Blue Monday by Orgy/New Order.

Are you calling it a remix because of the faster tempo? If so, then it's more a crappy version, because on the same WAD there's a fast tempo version of Come as You Are by Nirvana.

Originally posted by mmnpsrsoskl
Yeah it is a sorta remix of the original. Acutally it sounds like they just put in a few more beats here and there.

Damn! You beat me to it! :)

Yeah, I was gonna say, I'm downloading both versions right now, and the MIDI sounds more like the original version by New Order.

Originally posted by Crendowing
Are you calling it a remix because of the faster tempo?

Uh, well I've only heard the Orgy version, but I know they way more than a bass drum in the opening measures, which is why I didn't recognize it until the rhythms kicked in. It seems like the melodies were laid out in a little different order as well.

But it's been about a year or so since I last heard the original.