Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Doom Music Compilation

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zombsk98

Well this is about some of the Doom Music that you find in game and I had come up with a compilation of what I think are the best songs on Doom. No songs are from Doom 1 or 2. All the songs so far are from multiple different maps. As it is hard to find the original creators for these songs, there is no list of who made them. If you do know who made them please contact me and I add their name to the list in the .zip file when fully completed. A link to a taster (Maps (Yeah maps is what I call 'track' for this sort of thing) 01 - 14. http://www.sendspace.com/file/f82rgw

Last edited by zombsk98 on 06-08-12 at 21:36

Old Post 06-08-12 17:20 #
zombsk98 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

zombsk98 said:
a compilation of what I think are the best songs on Doom. No songs are from Doom 1 or 2. All the songs so far are from multiple different maps.
What?

Old Post 06-08-12 18:20 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

What is this I don't even

Old Post 06-08-12 18:23 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zombsk98

Well basically, the songs from doom are not from the ORIGINAL doom 1 or 2, they are from maps that other people have made with that Music that use the doom 2 or 1 engine, but have different music to the original. Does that help?

Old Post 06-08-12 18:52 #
zombsk98 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

You sure there aren't any Doom music worth using for your compilation? D_E1M1, D_E1M5, D_E3M1, D_STALKS, D_THE_DA, D_SHAWN, D_DDTBLU, D_DEAD, D_TENSE?

Old Post 06-08-12 20:33 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zombsk98

40oz said:
D_STALKS, D_THE_DA, D_SHAWN, D_DDTBLU, D_DEAD, D_TENSE?

Could you tell me where I could find these songs? ^^^^^^^^^ I could upload the E1M1 E1M5 and E3M1 aswell in a pack that I have with all the original Doom 1 and 2 songs.

Old Post 06-08-12 21:36 #
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

zombsk98 said:
Well this is about some of the Doom Music that you find in game and I had come up with a compilation of what I think are the best songs on Doom. No songs are from Doom 1 or 2. All the songs so far are from multiple different maps. As it is hard to find the original creators for these songs, there is no list of who made them. If you do know who made them please contact me and I add their name to the list in the .zip file when fully completed. A link to a taster (Maps (Yeah maps is what I call 'track' for this sort of thing) 01 - 14. http://www.sendspace.com/file/f82rgw

zombsk98 said:
Well basically, the songs from doom are not from the ORIGINAL doom 1 or 2, they are from maps that other people have made with that Music that use the doom 2 or 1 engine, but have different music to the original. Does that help?

zombsk98 said:

Could you tell me where I could find these songs? ^^^^^^^^^ I could upload the E1M1 E1M5 and E3M1 aswell in a pack that I have with all the original Doom 1 and 2 songs.

Now your posts are here forever.

Really though, I could see potential use for this if one is looking for custom music. However you would need to list where you got all the songs from.

Last edited by Marnetmar on 06-08-12 at 22:19

Old Post 06-08-12 22:03 #
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csonicgo

I have no idea what's goin' on in this thread.

Old Post 06-08-12 22:06 #
Csonicgo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

No Klem tracks? :(

Old Post 06-09-12 03:43 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

I don't see what's hard to get about this thread - guy makes PWAD music compilation. Too many people being purposefully obtuse over terminology (non-)issues.

Old Post 06-09-12 11:19 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Get this. :)

Old Post 06-09-12 11:49 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

Gez said:
Get this. :)

This is actually quite neat. It's a bit of a shame I don't use zDoom other than when I'm playing zDoom wads, as using it to play classic wads that all use D_RUNNIN would be useful.

Old Post 06-09-12 20:25 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

- Opening "Doom music compilation folder".
- Expect to hear some doom music remixes or re-arrange.
- Hearing this as first tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrvfDgNxbsM

http://pontilex-wp-content.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/2012/01/WTF-cat.jpg

Uh, at least map03.mp3 is a tune from TNT, and now i hear MAP04 (a tune from descent 2, i think...)

Old Post 06-13-12 11:50 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

walter: lol I guess White Reflection is here because it was used in the wad Invasion UAC.

Last edited by Memfis on 06-13-12 at 12:00

Old Post 06-13-12 11:55 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

yeah, i guess it too...

anyway, also OP says this actually...

EDIT: oh look, MAP08 is a remix of d_romero (and this song it was also a remake of "This Love" by pantera), and MAP09 is a sort of rearrange of some heretic music (at least it reminded it that)

Old Post 06-13-12 12:06 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
General Rainbow Bacon
may have been DoomHero85 at some point

Some of these tracks are good, but next time could you just put up a mediafire link instead of making us download all that sendspace garbage?

Old Post 06-13-12 14:35 #
General Rainbow Bacon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

77.9 Megabytes? o_O

[EDIT] These appear to be .mp3 renderings of various midis, using the default Windows GM synth (and with weird clipping issues too). The songs are, as some have pointed out, from various PWADs, though no indication of such was is made in the set itself and some songs originated from games other than Doom.

The original midis probably would have worked better for such a set, especially given that now we don't know the source material unless we've already played it. I notice some STRAIN and Icarus pieces, one from Final Doom, the aforementioned Descent tune, and some stuff I know I've heard in various wads but can't place.

Last edited by Xaser on 06-13-12 at 22:13

Old Post 06-13-12 21:48 #
Xaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote