Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxbio Warfare11

Favorite monster to kill with what weapon?

I find killing pinkies with the super shotgun much more fun in Doom 64 than any of the other Dooms for some reason.

Probably Rocket Launcher or Super Shotgun and a final touch with Minigun or Plasma Rifle on Barons and Knights.

Killing the arachnotron with just about any weapon is awesome, but if its the SSG or BFG, it's satisfying ++

If I can hit a distant, free-moving arch-vile with a rocket, that's also fantastic because it just makes me feel like a badass who can predict enemy movements.

Lost soul with Rocket Launcher. Because if it goes well, you can say afterwards "I killed a lost soul with Rocket Launcher...and survived"

Wouldn't you like to see that on a t-shirt?

TimeOfDeath said:

Fav is two-shotting cyber with bfg.

I can count the number of times I've seen this happen while playing on a veteran woodworker's fingers.

Eris Falling said:

Lost soul with Rocket Launcher. Because if it goes well, you can say afterwards "I killed a lost soul with Rocket Launcher...and survived"

Wouldn't you like to see that on a t-shirt?

"I killed a lost soul with the rocket launcher and all I got was 50 lousy points of blast damage"

I just love that feeling I get when I use a rocket-launcher to punch a whole through a crowd of zombiemen. It is even better when I launch several rockets and each missile contact is followed by the pitter-pattering of zombie giblets.

SSG on Caco/Mancubus is my fav.
Other than that foot soldiers vs. rocket.
Shotgun vs. everything.
Haven't used the BFG since many years.

Gez said:

[Re: two-shotting a cyberdemon with BFG]I can count the number of times I've seen this happen while playing on a veteran woodworker's fingers.

But the way the PRNG works for the tracers, this is actually more a skill than a random lucky fluke. Two well-delivered BFG blasts will kill a cyberdemon pretty reliably. All it takes are timing and the necessary movement skills, which a number of players have clearly mastered, as can be seen from their demos. If you watched more demos (esp. Max demos on monster-heavy maps), you would very quickly run out of the aforementioned fingers.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=53988

BFG vs. a horde of pigs. while it may seem a waste of cells, it's extremely satisfying and actually a time-saving technique for super fast demos. plus it saves lives with fast monsters.

*megasnort* *THUD*

Wait, I take back what I said about Cacodemons with SSG (though it's still tons of fun).

A group of soldiers with a barrel. For the same reason people have said the same, but a rocket -- I just find barrel kills satisfying as hell.

Bfg vs lone imp. Bonus points for having full arsenal when pulling off this stunt.

Nothing's cooler than running out of ammo, being against Revenants, and resorting to the Berserk fist. It works surprisingly well against them; three hits and they're gone, possibly never going into pain frame.