Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genesis21

Doom II Limited Edition big box UK.

Hi all,

I am new on this forum, but I am seeking for this comunity for years.

I have a little problem/doubt: I just bought on ebay this game:

Doom II Limited edition: Includes 3 bonus episodes from original Doom.

Is like this one:

http://www.onlinegamesdatenbank.de/index.php?section=game&mode=collection&collectiongameid=219429

But in the cd, the only I found is the doom 2 game, and shareware version of doom. Someone has this version? It's an print error? I missing some content?

Thanks!

Having "3 bonus episodes from original Doom" would equate to having full Doom and Doom II together :-/

Probably someone mistook the Shareware inclusion as a "bonus" and threw a sticker as an afterthought? After all, it has ONE episode from the original Doom...

Maes said:

Having "3 bonus episodes from original Doom" would equate to having full Doom and Doom II together :-/

Probably someone mistook the Shareware inclusion as a "bonus" and threw a sticker as an afterthought? After all, it has ONE episode from the original Doom...

Thanks for your response.

I bought this edition to have Doom and Doom II together but i think it's like the others, the only bonus is the first episode of doom. Someone who have this edition can confirm this?

Rather odd, I haven't seen a "Limited Edition" of DOOM 2. My version of DOOM 2 came in a box with this "sticker" (printed label) on: http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1021245384-00.jpg
It includes the bonus "First episode from the original DOOM". The CD only has the Shareware version of DOOM 1 (not 3 episodes), which is what the label says.

Most likely that sticker is "fake" or a mistake on the box you got.

Edited by TheUltimateDoomer666 : Sticker/label clarification.

TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

In that case, that might be precisely its collectibility point.

Genesis21 said:

It's an print error?

Most likely, if all you can find is a 4,234,124 byte Doom1.wad. Keep the box and sticker if nothing else.

TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

Rather odd, I haven't seen a "Limited Edition" of DOOM 2. My version of DOOM 2 came in a box with this sticker on: http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1021245384-00.jpg
It includes the bonus "First episode from the original DOOM". The CD only has the Shareware version of DOOM 1 (not 3 episodes), which is what the sticker says.

Yep, I know that version you own, it's the US/CAN one. But my version (UK) seems like is not the only one, In the site I say on first post, they have one like mine, cataloged "Limited edition" and on ebay, I have seen few of these. I don't think that is "fake". A mistake sounds more reasonable. No one has this?

If they later corrected it, you would have more of a collector item.

Maybe you can sue them for false advertising about 15 years too late.

fraggle said:

Looks like the Virgin release. The French version has the same box.

Yep, is the same Euro box, but mine is the UK one. I can see the same sticker in the box and you can confirm that is a lie right?

Yeah, mine has the same weird "three episode" sticker on it.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the UK version for sale on eBay multiple times. It's probably less common than the other releases but I doubt it's hugely rare.

fraggle said:

Yeah, mine has the same weird "three episode" sticker on it.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the UK version for sale on eBay multiple times. It's probably less common than the other releases but I doubt it's hugely rare.

You're right it's not very rare. Thanks for confirm the sticker lie. hehehehehe.

fraggle said:

Looks like the Virgin release. The French version has the same box.

Oooh, I somehow missed that thread back when it was created. I'd always wondered about doom2f.wad too. It's interesting to find out what it was like - and that it really existed. The big menu font looks a bit flatter than the original one in the English language version. I'm trying to work out whether it is worth collecting all the letters together to make a new flatter font set. Maybe not because it doesn't look as nice IMO.

I always hate when boxes lie, since it usually leads me onto a pointless treasure hunt.

I once bought the "special edition" of Quake 4 used for Xbox 360 primarily for the Quake II port, of which the box said that Quake II was included on the disc or something on that matter. Hunting around the game menus I never found it, and I hoped I didn't have to do some BS like actually beat Quake 4 to unlock it (it's such a shitty port, it can barely even maintain 10fps). Turns out the "special edition" was supposed to come with a second box entirely that had Quake II on a totally separate disc (because Quake 2 and 4 can't fit onto a single dual-layer DVD? that's a bit silly)... and it's not so easy to find anymore for that matter. Bummer.