Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > What do you listen to whilst Dooming?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:04. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Foodles

GreyGhost said:
This - until the neighbors start complaining.

not sure why but this was one of the greatest things I've heard in a long time someone should make it the main menu music for their wad

Last edited by Foodles on 09-18-12 at 20:26

Old Post 09-18-12 20:12 #
Foodles is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser

The soundtrack.

And sometimes... no music and just the sounds while alone in the dark :P

Old Post 09-19-12 00:47 #
Doom Juan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Demon_Collector
Banned

Let the bodies hit the floor- haha, jk. Bands like Breaking Benjamin, Mudvayne, Sevendust, Linkin Park, etc

Old Post 10-05-12 08:17 #
Demon_Collector is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Memfis said:
Soundtrack. If I don't like it, I might use idmus (02/08/18/25 in Doom2, 15/24/26/27 in Doom1) or load some music wad like mm2mus. In very rare cases I might listen to non-Doom music too. I think I played some surreal DoomHero map while listening to this.
I've been playing a lot of Doom 1 maps lately and find myself idmusing those tracks a lot as well (especially 24). I don't play Doom to anything but the soundtrack most of the time.

Way back in the day when I played Quake I played to The Mission soundtrack and it was absolutely awesomely perfect. Much better than whatever drivel came with the game.

To be fair, certain tracks were particularly fitting such as:

and

Last edited by Hellbent on 10-05-12 at 09:59

Old Post 10-05-12 09:51 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darkreaver

Usually midi music, but lately I`ve been listening to alot of other stuff. Like...everything I like.

Old Post 10-05-12 10:36 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

st.alfonzo said:
The soundtrack, or BBC Radio 4.

Definitely this. :P

Jimmy's Blog of Death - I make terrible posts here.

Old Post 10-05-12 10:39 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
hex11

I waltz with imps ;-)

Actually, I don't usually listen to anything that's not the game soundtrack, and even that is most often turned down low. The sound fx are the important part for me...

Old Post 10-05-12 11:05 #
hex11 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Stroggos

A load of things: (in no particular order)

Led Zeppelin
Cream
Black Sabbath
Queens of the Stone Age
Eagles of Death Metal
Them Crooked Vultures
Red Fang
High On Fire
Motorhead
Tool
Primus
Acid Bath
Metallica (first three albums, black album)
Venom
Cannibal Corpse
Nile
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Dying Fetus
Cradle of Filth

Old Post 10-05-12 12:29 #
Stroggos is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

The official soundtrack unless it's really bad, or the author didn't select a midi for it in which case I load up a music wad. While mapping or watching demos I listen to old school death metal.

Old Post 10-05-12 14:14 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vaporizer
Forum Regular

Recently I've been listening to a lot of The Soft Machine and YUP while mapping. Soundtrack while playing.

Last edited by Vaporizer on 10-05-12 at 16:55

Old Post 10-05-12 14:48 #
Vaporizer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

I find anything that isn't the soundtrack or an alternate MIDI of my choosing to be excruciatingly annoying. Music is as important aspect of a wad as detail, in my mind. Try playing UAC Ultra after removing the music from the wad. The atmosphere is reduced by 80%, which IMO, is that wad's strongest aspect.

Old Post 10-05-12 16:44 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darkreaver

Woah, I misread the question, I thought is was what I`m listening to while MAPPING =)

I listen to the original soundtrack. If it sucks, then the WAD automatically loses points. The soundtrack is veeery important to me.

Old Post 10-05-12 16:47 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

Try playing UAC Ultra after removing the music from the wad. The atmosphere is reduced by 80%, which IMO, is that wad's strongest aspect.

It's particulary funny looking up the original game those tracks came from on Youtube after playing UAC Ultra - it sounds wrong in that game, whereas it feels entirely at home in UAC Ultra.

Then there's that Jimmy track in Map10... Damn. I find myself opening up UAC Ultra just to IDCLEV to that map right away. The tune just makes you want to rush in and blast monsters, keep running and running into various environments, having an adventure, and the map layout perfectly delivers on that front. Likewise, I can't play the original PL2 map the midi was made for without feeling it's out of place there now.

Old Post 10-05-12 17:00 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
LouisTheMarine
Warming Up

Depends ussaly "Your're going down" by Sick puppies

Old Post 10-06-12 14:39 #
LouisTheMarine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
bimlanders

75% of the time I listen to the actual in game music. Otherwise, old school Death and Black Metal really helps the hellish sprites and textures drip with demonic atmosphere. But sometimes I prefer something like J.S. Bach, which adds counterpoint to the images: beauty and slaughter! :) Weird electronic music works also: Tangerine Dream, Steve Roach, Robert Rich, and so on.

Old Post 10-06-12 15:42 #
bimlanders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
walter confalonieri

Bucket said:
The soundtrack.

same.

or when i making maps i heard the motherfraking Winamp on my computer...

Old Post 10-06-12 16:23 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Eregore
Mini-Member

Honestly, and this may get some boos, The Diablo I and II soundtracks, on shuffle, with Torchlight mixed in. Matt Uelmen is a genius! Also the Hell Raiser and Hell bound (Hell Raiser II) soundtracks. Christopher Young is also a genius! I highly recommend both!

Old Post 10-16-12 04:29 #
Eregore is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Of course the soundtrack, maps with nice soundtrack I will mostly done a uv max.

Old Post 10-16-12 06:01 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BaronOfStuff

Soundtrack, or nothing.

Old Post 10-18-12 12:48 #
BaronOfStuff is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
joe-ilya
Nescient Member

if the music is costum i listen to it

but if it's using the doom music i listen to the origin of the soundtracks

Old Post 10-19-12 22:52 #
joe-ilya is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote