Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > What do you think the Mancubus is saying?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:10. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sodaholic
Forum Staple

To me, it sounds like "I'm your mama!". This kind of scares me.

Old Post 09-22-12 23:49 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgt dopey

Nothing short of a roar or growl

Old Post 09-22-12 23:53 #
sgt dopey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Didn't we just have this topic like last week? To me it sounds like "humnumshiva" or "humshivar"

Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

That's like asking what a dog says when it growls.

Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

rrrrrrupp

ungyvile

Old Post 09-23-12 00:43 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

My topics aren't that bad!! Seriously!!

Nah I'm not one to talk

BUT, perhaps, I always thought they were trying to say something, but their massive deformation prevented it from being audible.

Hell'd in...

Old Post 09-23-12 01:10 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

It's saying "I am not fat, just big-boned!"

Old Post 09-23-12 01:13 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes
Forum Staple

"Redundant forum"

Old Post 09-23-12 01:35 #
Snakes is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgt dopey

GreyGhost said:
It's saying "I am not fat, just big-boned!"

Bones don't jiggle

Old Post 09-23-12 02:09 #
sgt dopey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LkMax

"I'll fry you and eat you slowly"
Seriously, he says nothing.

Old Post 09-23-12 02:23 #
LkMax is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Blue Shadow

This thread tells me that people are running out of things to talk about Doom-wise.

Old Post 09-23-12 03:24 #
Blue Shadow is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Spammer

Blue Shadow said:
This thread tells me that people are running out of things to talk about Doom-wise.

No not yet. We still haven't had a well discussed thread on the vocal patterns of the Icon of Sin.

Just what is that big bastard saying, I wonder.

Old Post 09-23-12 04:04 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foxpup

"Grrrahh!"
"Om nom morrow."
"Mmm...what?"
"Good blimmin'!"

Clonehunter said:
No not yet. We still haven't had a well discussed thread on the vocal patterns of the Icon of Sin.

Just what is that big bastard saying, I wonder.

What's to discuss?

spoiler - highlight to read:

Play it backwards. That's apparently the standard way of hearing Satanic messages these days.

Old Post 09-23-12 04:17 #
Foxpup is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Your sarcasm detector is borked

Old Post 09-23-12 04:20 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgt dopey

Foxpup said:

What's to discuss?

spoiler - highlight to read:

Play it backwards. That's apparently the standard way of hearing Satanic messages these days.

No its saying "shoot me in the brain and you're winner"

Old Post 09-23-12 04:30 #
Dragonsbrethren
Forum Staple

Foxpup said:
What's to discuss?

Coincidentally, that's also what the Mancubus says.

Old Post 09-23-12 04:32 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

I always liked the mancubus wake-up sound. It sounds the most vicious in my opinion.

Old Post 09-23-12 07:51 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

I love the manc's voice becasue it has a kind of metallic sound that goes nicely with his cybernetic implants.

Old Post 09-23-12 08:28 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Spammer

Sort of off topic, but does anyone have any idea how the monster noises and other sound effects were made? Like whether recorded and distorted voices and sounds from the real world were used in their creation, and which ones. Or did Bobby Prince use customised stock sound effects for everything?

It's an avenue of Doom's creation I've never seen discussed. Would be great to know whether the mancubus really is saying something.

Old Post 09-23-12 08:58 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

I remember having a sense of deja vu when I heard the Imp's death sound: I realized later that it's the sound of the Camel unit dying on Age of Kings.

Old Post 09-23-12 09:04 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgt dopey

DoomUK said:
Sort of off topic, but does anyone have any idea how the monster noises and other sound effects were made? Like whether recorded and distorted voices and sounds from the real world were used in their creation, and which ones. Or did Bobby Prince use customised stock sound effects for everything?

It's an avenue of Doom's creation I've never seen discussed. Would be great to know whether the mancubus really is saying something.

I think he used stock sounds and then modified them in someway

Old Post 09-23-12 09:11 #
amputechture32
Green Marine

DoomUK said:
Sort of off topic, but does anyone have any idea how the monster noises and other sound effects were made?

Most likely stock sounds. I recall watching a documentary concerning the Death of Superman comic book arc, and the introduction of the villain, Doomsday, coincided with the playing of what I recognized as one of the "sighted player" barks used by Doom's former humans.

Old Post 09-23-12 10:40 #
amputechture32 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ComicMischief

I have never been able to un-hear "hungry vowel" as the fatass fires at me. HUNGRY VOWEL!

I do so love the pain sound, on both PC and PlayStation versions. S'awesome, yo.

Old Post 09-23-12 12:12 #
ComicMischief is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MSPaintR0cks

ANIMAAAL!
...which kind of makes sense considering that the demons may perceive the doomguy as some sort of primitive species.

Old Post 09-23-12 12:15 #
MSPaintR0cks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MrrCaliber
Warming Up

To me it sounds like "mancubah" (with accent on the last syllable, not really sure about spelling though). I think that sound is some kind of reversed and slowed down pig squeal.

Old Post 09-23-12 15:56 #
MrrCaliber is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimi

When you pitch shift the mancubus pain sound 18 semi octaves you hear the word: "Quiet".

Old Post 09-23-12 16:25 #
Jimi is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Spammer

MrrCaliber said:
To me it sounds like "mancubah" (with accent on the last syllable, not really sure about spelling though). I think that sound is some kind of reversed and slowed down pig squeal.

I always loved that sound they make when they attack. Their war cry as they rain fire on our heads.

Old Post 09-23-12 17:05 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit

To me, it just seems like id were poking fun at morbidly obese people. It's like these guys can't help but groan and belch when attacking and being attacked and waking up. So, no, I don't think they're saying anything; just struggling under their bulk.

Old Post 09-23-12 17:08 #
buttspit is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

He says "mancubus", with a heavy lisp. I will maintain this until I die :P

Old Post 09-23-12 22:44 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimi

What do you think Arch-Vile says on the phone when he calls you?

Old Post 09-23-12 23:31 #
Jimi is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote