Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > What do you think the Mancubus is saying?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Jimi said:
What do you think Arch-Vile says on the phone when he calls you?

"Turn Around."

Old Post 09-24-12 00:21 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgt dopey

Jimi said:
What do you think Arch-Vile says on the phone when he calls you?

He peddles useless shit to you

Old Post 09-24-12 00:25 #
sgt dopey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

Seriously, am I the only person to think that the Mancubus's attack phrase is "I'm your mama"? Although it is an extremely weird phrase, I swear to god it sounds exactly like that!

Old Post 09-24-12 00:37 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

buttspit said:
It's like these guys can't help but groan and belch when attacking and being attacked and waking up. So, no, I don't think they're saying anything; just struggling under their bulk.
I occasionally wonder if mancubi and revenants are made from different parts of the same dead demons.

Old Post 09-24-12 01:51 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

GreyGhost said:
I occasionally wonder if mancubi and revenants are made from different parts of the same dead demons.

I thought it said somewhere that Mancubi were created from combining human DNA and the DNA of demons; the demons got around to it sometime during the first invasion. So I believe they're completely artificial and created in a similar process as clones.

Old Post 09-24-12 01:58 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

Sodaholic said:
Seriously, am I the only person to think that the Mancubus's attack phrase is "I'm your mama"? Although it is an extremely weird phrase, I swear to god it sounds exactly like that!

You aren't alone.

Old Post 09-24-12 02:01 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Platinum Shell said:

I thought it said somewhere that Mancubi were created from combining human DNA and the DNA of demons; the demons got around to it sometime during the first invasion. So I believe they're completely artificial and created in a similar process as clones.

Where the hell did you read that?

Old Post 09-24-12 03:01 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Clonehunter said:

Where the hell did you read that?

http://www.doom2.net/single/mancubus.html

Old Post 09-24-12 03:14 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SYS

Whatever your brain interprets from the garbled noise upon experiencing pareidolia.

Old Post 09-24-12 05:32 #
SYS is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheUltimateDoomer666

I never really thought it was saying anything. I just think of it as "buhfoogaah, rooaaaar!"

Old Post 09-24-12 14:30 #
TheUltimateDoomer666 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...2610#post852610

Old Post 09-24-12 15:39 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
qoncept

I'm pretty sure he says "I'll fist your mama." Whatever. What I want to know is what the revenant is screaming. "Chicken fried steak for dinner" or something like that.

Old Post 09-24-12 16:11 #
qoncept is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

"BOMDEBOWUM!" And then it sprays fireballs in a spastic fashion.

Old Post 09-24-12 19:30 #
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scypek2

hmm...
"BARDZO MAAAŁO!"

Old Post 09-24-12 21:09 #
Scypek2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Platinum Shell said:

http://www.doom2.net/single/mancubus.html

Oh I see. I believe that's all just a fanwork thing, I don't think it's official information though. However it's an interesting idea to think of the manc has a huge bodacious zombie.

Old Post 09-25-12 02:15 #
Maes
I like big butts!

DoomUK said:
Sort of off topic, but does anyone have any idea how the monster noises and other sound effects were made? ...

It's an avenue of Doom's creation I've never seen discussed.

...and you've been around here for how long, again?

Unless you were sarcastic, this HAS been beaten to death and then some (there's even an entry in the FAQ just for sound effects). It's only second in frequency to "what's your favourite source port", "favourite map" or "why I can't play GZDoom on my shitty Intel integrated video???" threads.

Plus, a couple (?) of years ago there was some "high quality Doom sound effects recreation" project by a guy who identified the source of most sounds or at least how they were plausibly made (e.g. some monster's sound was a reversed/slowed down leopard call). No idea what happened to it, in the end....lost the link, too.

Last edited by Maes on 09-25-12 at 08:49

Old Post 09-25-12 08:40 #
Maes is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

If you're thinking of perkristian, here's his opinion on the mancubus attack sound and it looks like he's still working on-and-off on the sound effects pack.

Old Post 09-25-12 09:51 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Clonehunter said:

Oh I see. I believe that's all just a fanwork thing, I don't think it's official information though. However it's an interesting idea to think of the manc has a huge bodacious zombie.

Of course it's not set in stone, but I consider it good enough as it's from Doom2.net. :P

Old Post 09-25-12 21:30 #
GreyGhost

*me waits for someone to submit that whimsy to wikia*

Old Post 09-26-12 01:45 #
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Platinum Shell said:

Of course it's not set in stone, but I consider it good enough as it's from Doom2.net. :P

Alright. It's a game for everyone to make there own conclusions.

In that case I think the first Spider Demon is just Hitler reincarnated from WOlf 3D, and the Cyberdemon in Grosse is actually Hans Grosse.

Old Post 09-26-12 02:45 #
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Clonehunter said:

Alright. It's a game for everyone to make there own conclusions.

In that case I think the first Spider Demon is just Hitler reincarnated from WOlf 3D, and the Cyberdemon in Grosse is actually Hans Grosse.

Stop the passive aggressive, I was just saying how it's my opinion. You can formulate whatever belief you want. I don't care.

Old Post 09-26-12 03:16 #
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Maes said:
there's even an entry in the FAQ just for sound effects

Oh, duh. Shame on me for having never read the FAQ :(

Old Post 09-26-12 08:43 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Platinum Shell said:

Stop the passive aggressive, I was just saying how it's my opinion. You can formulate whatever belief you want. I don't care.

Um... Sorry? I wasn't trying to come off that way at all. *shrug*

Anyways, on topic... And somewhat related to sounds, but I've always wondered where most of the sounds for the guns came from. I mean, are they all stock from somewhere, or recorded? The pistol kind of sounds like they recorded a cap-gun or, if anything even, a soda can being opened?

Old Post 09-26-12 23:01 #
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

I believe they all came from some sort of sound library, someone posted it awhile back in a thread about Doom-related sounds found elsewhere.

Old Post 09-26-12 23:09 #
Maes
I like big butts!

Platinum Shell said:
I believe they all came from some sort of the sound ideas sound library, It has been someone posted it awhile back in a thread about Doom-related sounds found elsewhere to death, and then some.

FTFY

Old Post 09-27-12 01:16 #
Maes is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

GreyGhost said:
*me waits for someone to submit that whimsy to wikia*

*me waits for people to quit using wikia already

Old Post 09-27-12 01:42 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Infurnus

*COUGH*
http://doomwiki.org/
*COUGH*

Old Post 09-27-12 01:44 #
Infurnus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

"Purple is not a breakfast colour."

Old Post 09-27-12 02:22 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

"Rub yer mama oh!"

Old Post 09-27-12 07:56 #
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote