Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > PS1 Doom controller

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:09. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
idSoftware981
Banned

Hello, I will be getting DOOM 1 and Final DOOM for PS1 for Christmas. I have a PS2. Will I be able to use my Dualshock 2? Like using the analog sticks? Or will I have to be forced to use the D-PAD? :P

Old Post 10-06-12 00:09 #
idSoftware981 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Please don't bump old threads with an irrelevant question. I've split your post into a new thread.

Old Post 10-06-12 00:20 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mattfrie1

You can use the Dualshock 2, but you have to use the D-pad. PSX Doom and PSX Final Doom were made when the PSX controller only had a D-pad, so no, you can't use the analog sticks. PSX Final Doom did support the PSX Mouse however, so you might want to look into that.

Old Post 10-06-12 01:18 #
Mattfrie1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WildWeasel
Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy

Since you aren't able to use the thumbsticks at all, this is a control scheme I recommend (since PSX Doom has full support for control configuration):

D-Pad to move and turn.
Square and Circle to strafe left and right.
R1 to fire.
X to use.
Weapon selection controls on L2 and R2.
Speed button on L1.

Had little difficulty circle-strafing big monsters with this config.

Old Post 10-06-12 01:23 #
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dragonsbrethren

I actually really like the default setup; it's not modern in any sense, but it's still very functional.

Old Post 10-06-12 01:36 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
david-arquette
Warming Up

I use the default control scheme but swap X and triangle around.

Old Post 10-07-12 10:50 #
david-arquette is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

I think the default control scheme is just fine as is. It parallels keyboard controls quite well.

Old Post 10-12-12 22:54 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote