Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Who has completed Doom on Nightmare?
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:59. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

So this thread inspired me to go back and have a play on nightmare.

My last serious attempt on Nightmare was waaaaay back in the mid 90's, when I was a keyboard only player, and it at least a decade before I would hear of anyone actually finishing either Doom1 or 2 on nightmare. I was so blown away when I watched a youtube video of someone finishing Doom2. On. Nightmare. I had never ever got past level 3, and usually not level 2. And I was far and away the best doomer among all my friends.

So I guess I have always had this mental block that nightmare mode was impossible.

But over the last week I have been playing on nightmare, and have actually made it through the first 8 levels of Doom2. Level 9 is presenting... some challenges, shall we say.

The only rule I have set for myself is that I want to do the levels in a single run - no saves mid-level.

It is actually a lot of fun. And having got past the mental block that Nightmare is impossible, I am kinda pleased with how far I have progressed too.

Old Post 11-16-12 12:53 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

In my experience playing Doom 2 Nightmare on coop, even with multiple players, The Pit is usually the ragequit map.

Maps 12 through 19 are awesome though.

Old Post 11-16-12 15:12 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
julz_d
Mini-Member

Just got NM cheevo for Doom 3 on 360. Not easy!

Old Post 11-16-12 22:42 #
julz_d is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote