Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
purist

What would you like id to do for Doom's 20th Anniversary

Personally, I would love to see an extra episode for Doom 1 made by some of the original level designers (i.e. Romero, Hall and Petersen) or by some of their current level designers.

It's not going to happen though :)

A 200 best WADs of all time! al a this forum:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/60320-best-wads-to-have-never-won-a-cacoward/

Basically a best 200 WADs of the past 20 years, regardless of the year, etc. Perhaps it could be the 200 most popular WADs. Obviously a lot of them would be reappearances from the cacowards but some of the top WADs from 94-99 don't hold up well against some of the more modern WADs, which might have gotten overlooked during cacowards because the 10 spot quota had already been filled. Maybe it could be a countdown to the top, like an album of the year article.

I think a top 190 other wads (stuff not in the top 100 or cacowards) would be a better idea. It'd give well-deserved exposure to great wads forgotten and lost in the depths of the /idgames archive. Of course the 10 per year format would be used.

This is obviously more of what I would want Doomworld to do though...

The Even More Final Doom, with new textures for both WADs. Don't care how they go about doing it.

Some new monsters that find new niches would be cool too but that's more complicated than making a bunch of new maps work.

They should release the Dooom/Doom2 IWADS for free!!
And they should release No Rest for The Living 2 free, too!!

And now something a little off topic:

hardcore_gamer said:

Seriously, what is up with all of the whine about the BFG edition?
Yes it has some flaws, but nothing so major as to make it "shit".
Id promised a great console version of Doom 3, and they delivered on that.
(...)

The BFG Edition sucks not for what it does to DOOM3 but it sucks greatly for what it does to the Classic DOOM:

- No Multiplayer
- No option to play external PWADs
- No Cheats
- Stupid changes to the WADs, which makes them incompatible to V1.9

Agree with the Doom 4 info part, but would really love for some new Doom merchindise celebtrating the 20 years. Was too young to get anything when they were available, and now just can't get any when I really want some without spending loads of money one the more interesting stuff.

Doubt ID would doo too much to screw up the 20th year anniversary, so should be happy with whatever they do.

Scottland89 said:

(...) but would really love for some new Doom merchindise celebtrating the 20 years. Was too young to get anything when they were available, and now just can't get any when I really want some without spending loads of money one the more interesting stuff.

But that would not be the same. It would be just a cheap surrogate, but not the original...