Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Doom Sheet Music

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:06. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Just wondering if anyone knows a place where I could find/download sheet music for the tunes from Doom. More or less just wondering if there is somewhere that it exists.

Old Post 11-22-12 03:12 #
Clonehunter is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

well the midi are easily available, and with your favorite sequencing program (sibelius, finale, logic, etc..) you could generate it without too much trouble.

Out of curiosity why are you looking for score? Most of the tracks are basically 12-bar-blues imitations of various metal songs, seems more likely people would be looking for guitar-tab versions :)

Old Post 11-22-12 05:15 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

I'm looking to emulate them with an alto sax seeing it's the only instrument I can play. Hm, I kinda knew about the midis, but not much, so I could try that. I'm kinda looking at the Sandy's City track and the track that's used in Refueling Base

Old Post 11-22-12 05:57 #
Clonehunter is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Catoptromancy
Forum Regular

Learn em by ear. Make iwad read-only, then rip out the music so you can play with music player(fast forward and rewind).

If you do not know music theory or intervals, you will learn fast. Be able to listen to two consecutive notes and decide the interval. Once you can say its a 5th or a 3rd and such, it will be easier.

Instead of learning each note by ear, using intervals you can figure out the lead note and just follow the difference of other notes.

Or just learn by ear.

Old Post 11-22-12 06:08 #
Catoptromancy is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote