Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Doom Year Resolutions
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:59. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Antroid

Memfis said:

I don't know where you got the impression that I want to conform to the norm or something like that. I just think sometimes that maybe I should socialize a bit because people seem to be interesting species, and they probably can give me a lot more than games or my other activities.

Eh, it wasn't aimed at your case directly, just that kind of sentiment. If you genuinely feel that whatever you enjoy starts seeming stupid, more power and a good luck wish to you, don't misunderstand! Often though people really enjoy something, but the societal norms keep chipping away at their enjoyment because whatever they do isn't deemed worty or serious enough. That sort of situation annoys me. :\

Old Post 12-23-12 18:27 #
Antroid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

j4rio said:
Be even more unproductive than I'm now (not sure if possible).

Your aim should be to make a map which is even more insane than okuplok's map which is insane compared to holy hell :P

Old Post 12-23-12 18:40 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

Me making any halfdecent map from scratch would be a huge achievement in itself.

Old Post 12-23-12 20:58 #
j4rio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

Figure out how I can utilize my time even more wisely. I often spend hours with doom and have no finished products as a result. Figure out a mapping process that's even faster and more efficient so I can complete maps more often. Concentrate on making more smaller releases instead of giant ones that get too overwhelming to work on on my own. Consider the possibility of finding and forming a bond with a "mapping partner" that I can talk exclusively about doom with. Recognize that user feedback is way more important than I spent the past 6 months believing.

Old Post 12-24-12 00:15 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aldaraia

Play exclusively on UV, with no saves/autosaves; the other difficulties will no longer exist as anything. First megawads to venture through are HR and AV.

EDIT: I would really like to finish the mapset I had planned out for Doom 64 EX.

Old Post 12-24-12 00:18 #
Aldaraia is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Actually start working on the ideas I've got in my head. I've had them for ages, I just can't be arsed making them. X-D

Old Post 12-24-12 00:23 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matt534Dog

Finish Interception. After that, finish Interception: Part II.

Old Post 12-24-12 00:40 #
Matt534Dog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Finish a few maps for RoD, and finish my contribution for Necromantic Thirst. Get hold of a physical copy of the Depths of Doom Trilogy.

Old Post 12-24-12 02:01 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
franckFRAG

Release Cybernity.

Release Swift Death.

Finish my BTSX's map, (for January of course :P ).

Make my map for Interception: part II.

Edit, Oh and of course, to finish my Necromantic Thirst's maps, as DeathevokatioN, I hope that this megawad will eventually to release one day!

Old Post 12-24-12 02:10 #
franckFRAG is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kmxexii

Finish playing the 2012 Cacoward nominees
Play the 1999/2000 Top 10 WADs
Keep somewhat current with the 2013 Cacoward hopefuls
Bug guys like Snakes and the Necromantic team to finish their super-cool megaWADs

Old Post 12-24-12 02:40 #
kmxexii is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

I hope to release a map or two this year. That's my resolution.

Old Post 12-24-12 02:47 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mechadon

I'd like to finish Vela Pax :P

Old Post 12-24-12 04:55 #
Mechadon is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

My Doom year resolution is to start making more maps for Doom like I used to, and focus more on Doom64EX support.

Old Post 12-24-12 05:19 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Kaiser said:
My Doom year resolution is to start making more maps for Doom like I used to
That reminds me, what happened to those Hexen maps and hub you were working on, are you still planing to work on them?

Old Post 12-24-12 05:55 #
Avoozl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

Half-finish Remnant.
Finish Panophobia map.
Finish secret mod.
Learn to draw.

Learning the art of speedmap wouldn't be bad either.

Old Post 12-24-12 06:27 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Finish something.

Old Post 12-24-12 09:27 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title

Play and finish Doom 64, either when 64EX's 360 controller support on Windows 7 works, or when I just use Xpadder instead.

Play and complete HacX 1.2

Complete Strife.

Complete Hexen, then Deathkings of the Dark Citadel

Complete Episodes 3 to 5 of Heretic

Complete Doom 3 BFG Edition in full, along with Doom Classic Complete. That means completing Doom 1 2 and NRFTL twice on PS3

Play Xaser's lost episode based on the alpha and PSX Doom after procrastinating for too long

Complete the commercial Doom mods (Hell to Pay, Perdition's Gate, Lost Episodes)

Complete the new version of the PSX Doom TC

Possibly finish Alien Vendetta this year

Test more TNT2 maps and hopefully find worthwhile feedback for the mappers

Old Post 12-24-12 11:07 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Finish Back to Saturn X, make more Doom II The Way Id Did maps, spend more time with TSoZD.

Old Post 12-24-12 12:39 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Ragnor said:
when 64EX's 360 controller support on Windows 7 works
Well the 360 controller works with Doom64EX on my windows 7 pc so I don't see why you can't get it to work.

Old Post 12-24-12 13:03 #
Avoozl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Revved

I hope to make demos more consistently throughout this new year, unlike now when I burned out near the end.

I also hope to finish some long overdue COMPET-N projects.

Old Post 12-24-12 14:32 #
Revved is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

Memfis said:
Stop wasting my life on stupid games, get a girlfriend, etc?

I tried that WAD once; it was a little iffy but I think they could really benefit if they make it limit-removing.

Old Post 12-24-12 18:36 #
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dragonsbrethren

I want to finally complete something for Doom 64, even if it's just ports of my older work.

Old Post 12-24-12 18:44 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Damn, two more things occurred to me for Doom year resolutions.

1: Finish my Strife map then from this learn to make hubs and iprove upon my ACS (I only know how to do reflective floors and text).
2: Make sense of goddamn coding so I can start my source port.

Old Post 12-25-12 19:44 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

Avoozl said:
That reminds me, what happened to those Hexen maps and hub you were working on, are you still planing to work on them?

I still intend on working on it and it will be one of my primary projects that I will focus on next year. Though I do plan on down-scoping some things.

Old Post 12-25-12 21:35 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aouzy

Make a monster from scratch (With the help of the Zdoom wiki of course.)

Old Post 12-25-12 21:47 #
Aouzy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Well I guess I do have a few DYRs I want to do:
1. Make and complete my first DooM map.
2. Make my own map for DooM64EX or the PSXFINALDOOMTC.
3. Try my hand at making a map for Shadow Warrior.

Last edited by Avoozl on 12-26-12 at 06:58

Old Post 12-26-12 06:52 #
Pirx
Forum Regular

play a bit more. when i get home tired, i don't feel much like playing, rather watch other play (demos).

okuplok's map? link?

Old Post 12-26-12 07:06 #
Pirx is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Ventris

Keep up to date on Cacoward Nominees, and continue to work on and improve my mod, Doomvengers. I would LIKE to have at least the third Module out this year.

Old Post 12-26-12 07:17 #
Captain Ventris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

Bucket DM 2 is almost finished anyway, so... that.

Old Post 12-26-12 08:14 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ArmouredBlood

Make some maps for NGmvmt2. I did not start off on the right type of map when starting it ...

Old Post 12-26-12 09:30 #
ArmouredBlood is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote