Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > What's happening to Blasphemer?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:19. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cire

Cool to see Blasphemer rolling again, it's one of my favorite games. :)

Old Post 01-11-13 00:53 #
Cire is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

Custom sky submitted, still needs slight tweaking:

http://www.teamhellspawn.com/adskysubmission1.png

Old Post 01-11-13 20:47 #
DooMAD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Sorry I should've mentioned that a little progress is being made. Blox is also working on extending the palette as well at the moment. Also, I like the sky for now as I mentioned before also the other skies look pretty good as well.

Just so you guys know I have contacted the rest of the team they seem to be busy but are willing to still commit to the project when they have free time.

Old Post 01-11-13 22:09 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Da Werecat

I think mountains need more contrast. Also, the overall image would clearly benefit from some color work.

Old Post 01-12-13 06:05 #
Da Werecat is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
samiam
Mini-Member

I had a project from a few years ago where I created a handful of maps for Heretic. The maps were originally created with a modified form of the OBLIGE random map generator, but I extensively modified them by hand to the point that they don't feel like randomly made maps any more.

I also converted a FreeDoom deathmatch map in to a Heretic deathmatch map. Personally, my experience is that it will probably be easier to get the community to make and/or donate deathmatch maps more than single player maps.

For the record, the maps I will donate are both single player and deathmatch maps; they may be playable as co-op maps, but some of the maps, when played as co-op, will have teleports in places that will spoil getting keys and what not. The reason is because vanilla Heretic doesn't have the ability to say "make this teleport/object/whatever available in Deathmatch maps, but *not* in coop maps".

Old Post 01-12-13 09:51 #
samiam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

Da Werecat said:
I think mountains need more contrast. Also, the overall image would clearly benefit from some color work.

Yeah, will try to improve that one. Still getting accustomed to a new terrain generator and this new palette. I've submitted another one now which came out better:

http://www.teamhellspawn.com/adskysubmission3.png

Old Post 01-12-13 14:12 #
DooMAD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Egregor

Though donating the HYMN project maps are a good starting point, I think (and I'm sure others would agree) that dedicating an organized mapping community around this project would be best (while keeping already submitted maps on board). I am willing to lead that part of the project. At the least, I will be able to submit a few maps, and I would also be interested in helping organize textures, sprites, and other resources, bug testing, play testing, etc. Scripting though? Not so much.

Old Post 01-12-13 18:44 #
Egregor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Egregor said:
Scripting though? Not so much.
Not much scripting involved, unless you want to experiment with HHE patches or maintain TEXTURE* and Wadinfo files for DeuTex.

Old Post 01-13-13 00:15 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ed

Definitely like the second sky pic. I'd cut out those dark blue pixels that are peppered across right above the mountains. They'll stick out like a sore thumb when they're projected across half of the player's POV. The rest is looking good though.

Old Post 01-13-13 02:15 #
Ed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
samiam
Mini-Member

I just downloaded the most recent version of Blasphemer over at https://code.google.com/p/blasphemer/ and here is its status:

* Textures: Complete. It looks like they made free versions of all of the textures, including the sky textures.

* Item sprites: Mostly complete. The only item sprite that was obviously missing was the ammo for the Phoenix Rod.

* Maps: Sparse. There are only four single player maps (E1M1/Placeholder, E1M3, E1M7, E2M1) and four deathmatch maps (E4M1, E4M2, E4M3, and E4M4).

* Monster sprites: Almost none. The only non-placeholder sprite appears to be a version of the Disciples of D'Sparil.

In terms of maps, I have five single player/deathmatch (but not really coop) and two deathmatch-only maps that I am able and willing to donate to this project right now: http://samiam.org/obhack/blasphemer-donate.zip (E1M1, E1M2, E1M7, E1M8, and E1M9 are SP/Deathmatch; E1M3 and E1M4 are Deathmatch-only). All of the maps are compatible with all known versions of Heretic, including DOS Heretic, and I donate all these maps, except E1M4 (a conversion of a Freedoom DM map) to the public domain.

With my donation, Blasphemer has nine single player maps and six (five if Freedoom's license is not Blasphemer-compatible) deathmatch only maps. That's enough to make a fully playable single-player game and have a few DM maps in either E2 or E4.

In terms of sprites, the quickest way to get a playable single-player game would be to pull some sprites from Freedoom or another Doom total conversion with open licensing terms and make them Blasphemer monster sprites.

I wish I had the time to oversee having something out there that is fully playable, but, alas, my plate is full right now.

Old Post 01-13-13 19:59 #
samiam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cire

I'm pretty sure Freedoom and Blasphemer uses the same license (Modified BSD) so your E1M4 should be OK.

Old Post 01-13-13 20:20 #
Cire is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Okay guys we now have space on a forum thanks to DooMAD. The message board can be found here http://teamhellspawn.com/phpBB2/index.php

Old Post 01-15-13 20:52 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cire

But you already have a forum here: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?board=61.0 Why'd you want another?

Old Post 01-15-13 22:39 #
Cacowad

i don't even know there was a forum previously...

Old Post 01-15-13 22:47 #
Cacowad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Cire said:
But you already have a forum here: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?board=61.0 Why'd you want another?
Because nobody expected that there would be a Blasphemer forum / that the Blasphemer forum would be located at that address.

Old Post 01-15-13 22:51 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Cire said:

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't aware but DooMAD made a slight extension to his PHPBB board.

Old Post 01-15-13 22:52 #
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

I thought it strange that there's wasn't one already, heh. Never mind, may as well keep using the existing openarena one then. Have registered an account there.

Old Post 01-16-13 18:35 #
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Does this site here still hold any credence? At least with say, the Map and sprite completion lists?

Old Post 01-31-13 13:56 #
Clonehunter is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote