Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gruson

Doom Reaper Collection is COMPLETE!

Finally!!! Doom Reaper Sets!

I finally have my two Doom Reaper sets completed! It took a long to complete two sets and a little more. ;)

I sold most of my collection to Dusty years back and have always regreted it. So, I now have an even BETTER collection. Two full sets! One professionally painted set that looks unreal and the other one which includes both Cyberdemon protos.

Here are some pics for you:
Painted Set:

Non-Painted Set with all three Cybderdemon variations:

More continued

Closeups:

Only 10 of each of these exist. One is thicker than the other for sure and notice the leg differences. The eyes are also more "buggy" on the thicker version.
Cyerdemon prototype differences:

That's it! Let me know if you have any questions or want more photos. It's been fun hunthing for all of these!

Gruson

Nice, I'm trying to complete my triple collection: unpainted, painted and boxed copies of every single doom miniature. Got many douples or quads of some miniatures but still need boxed revenant,archvile from the harder ones to get

Impressive. Most impressive.

A very nice collection indeed. I'd love to have a collection like that. However, I only have the standard cyberdemon from the id Anthology.

They're well photographed too btw.

hawkwind said:

No SpiderMastermind ? This assuming that the spider here is an arachnotron.

There wasn't a Spider Demon or Hell Knight produced.

I suppose they thought that people could just paint the Barron and Arachnotron in different colours, as the OP's painted set shows with the Hell Knight and Barron.

I'm surprised that the same wasn't done with the spiders though; it kind of makes the painted set look incomplete.

Vermil said:

There wasn't a Spider Demon or Hell Knight produced.

I suppose they thought that people could just paint the Barron and Arachnotron in different colours, as the OP's painted set shows with the Hell Knight and Barron.

Knight/baron is one thing, they are the same except for colors.

But there is a considerable size difference between arachnotron and mastermind. The gun is different, too.

Spider mastermind or no spider mastermind, this collection is exquisite and makes me somewhat jelly.

Thanks everyone!

As for the Spider Mastermind, there was never one produced. The size of the Mastermind is much bigger than the Arachnotron so it wouldnt make sense to paint another. Although the Reaper miniature is really a mixture of both the Arachnotron and Mastermind if you really look at it. The mouth is from the Mastermind and the size is slightly bigger than the Arachnotron but smaller than Mastermind.

I also have someone making a correct scale Mastermind that should be in scale with the others. ;) Hopefully it will happen because Reaper should have made him for sure.

Thanks again. Love these miniatures.

Gruson said:

The size is slightly bigger than the Arachnotron but smaller than Mastermind.

Funny thing is this description suits the Doom 64 version of the Arachnotron as it is a size inbetween both original monsters.

It would be awesome if there were reaper minitures of the Doom 64 versions of the demons and even one of the Mother Demon, but sadly that won't ever happen any time soon.

Thanks.

I know of one other person who needs an Archvile to complete his collection if anyone has one available. Thanks.

Gez said:

But there is a considerable size difference between arachnotron and mastermind. The gun is different, too.

Interestingly, if you look at the back of the Doom2 box, there is a picture of an arachnotron and it has a chaingun instead of a plasma gun. I guess that it's an early version and that the plasma gun was edited on later.

Enjay said:

Interestingly, if you look at the back of the Doom2 box, there is a picture of an arachnotron and it has a chaingun instead of a plasma gun. I guess that it's an early version and that the plasma gun was edited on later.

Not a surprise! Except for the death frames, the Arachnotron sprites look awfully like Spider Mastermind sprites scaled down and edited.

Enjay said:

They actually attacked with a chaingun during development. You can load doom2.wad as a pwad in the exe for Doom 1.6 and see the earlier monster behavior.

Some of those have their heads too big, especially the barons of hell. They look like some breeds of ugly dogs.

EDIT: Anyway great collection. I was being told when I was younger about some DOOM figurines in some store in a foreign country. I'm so glad that it's for real, and not just modern (at that time) DOOM 3!

If it makes you feel any better, I have never regretted you selling me your collection! :-D

Out of my 600+ Doom Reaper Minis, the ones I got from you are still some of my finest.

To the best of my knowledge, you and I are the only 2 people in the world with both versions of the Prototype CyberDemon.

I'm very happy for you to see you get such an outstanding collection back to replace what you sold me many years ago.

Cheers,

Dusty

Thanks Dusty,

You are still the Doom Reaper King! It's nice owning the complete set again plus the two Cyberdemons!

You mentioned a while back that you were working on obtaining some other cool stuff. Did you ever get anything new?

Also, sending you the information now.

Someone really should make Doom 64 versions some day..

Or the Heretic/Hexen/Strife monsters. *sticks imaginary Entity on shelf to honour the "secret" Doom engine game*