Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron-Of-Hell

Is There another Doom comming out on the...

Heh, using only the keyboard in games like Return to Castle of Wolfenstein, Medal Of Honour and Jedi Knight 2 must be pretty tricky, especially with all the snipers in these games :)

dsm: include the line "+mlook" in your autoexec.cfg et voilà, instant permanent mouselooking!

Nuno: Are you sure you don't mean 'config.cfg'? I can't find an autoexec.cfg anywhere in my Quake directory - only a config.cfg file.

one night online in Quake 3 Arena...

Keyborder: how did you beat me 40 to 2 with 400 ping?

me: 1337 mousxor s1<11z

Keyborder: only lamers use the mouse!

me: ßÄW HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄ HÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ

or words to that effect with out the l33t g33t lingo, or the odd symbols.

Originally posted by dsm
Nuno: Are you sure you don't mean 'config.cfg'? I can't find an autoexec.cfg anywhere in my Quake directory - only a config.cfg file.

noo you have to make an autoexec.cfg with note pad.

Hm well, I tried the "+mlook" command in my config.cfg file and it worked. Thanks for the tip Nuno, even though it was a different file I edited :-)
Now I just need to get used to playing Quake with the mouse+keyboard combination.

Originally posted by Lament
Ok, here's a good question for all you keyboarding freaks:

How long does it take for you to turn 180 degrees? About a second? With the mouse it's practically instantaneous. In deathmatch you often need to turn backwards, and then forward again - all while continually running - and if it takes you two seconds to do that, well, you're dead.

No time at all with a custom script...are even if it is built into the game/engine/port....just look at Boom for instance. Press / and presto!

And consoles are good because you can get a lot of good games that are console specific...well I mean they don't appear on PC...

And the Dreamcast GD-ROM was not slow in any way...it was able to fill out the entire memory of the Dreamcast in less than a second...

Bah either way the Dreamcast was and still is a good console...

Originally posted by dsm
I have to admit that I still play Quake1 with keyboard only - I can just never get used to having to press a mouselook key, before being able to look up and down.

In the console, type +mlook. I think you could also put this in a config file, although I never had much luck keeping it for more than one map.

Originally posted by mmnpsrsoskl

No time at all with a custom script...are even if it is built into the game/engine/port....just look at Boom for instance. Press / and presto!

Yeah, good idea. Divert your attention to another almost useless key. I don't think there's a valid arguement about the benefits of keyboarding to tell the truth.

Originally posted by Zaldron
You mean jagged and spasmodic.

If you're talking about the mouse, yes.

Err Lüt, ever heard of changing the mouse sensitivity settings? Most FPS's these days let you go from ultra-jerk city to so smooth it's actually unplayable (i.e. turning is too slow) :)

I don't see the reason to create such a damn fuss. Some like it with a mouse and some like it with only the keyboard, let people have their own control settings dammit - it's not like we're bashing each other's favorite games here.

Originally posted by dsm
I don't see the reason to create such a damn fuss. Some like it with a mouse and some like it with only the keyboard, let people have their own control settings dammit - it's not like we're bashing each other's favorite games here.

Oh but it's clear one of these methods is a total waste of energy. They would play a lot better if they switched and practiced the other one.

Originally posted by NiGHTMARE
Bah, this is pointless.

Mind control 0wnz both keyboard AND mouse.

I'm not sure, proper mind control would require some real concentration. Don't you people play fighting games without even staring directly at the screen?

Originally posted by fodders
England beat Argentina at POLO today , wahay!

Polo? We have a team for that?

Oh but it's clear one of these methods is a total waste of energy. They would play a lot better if they switched and practiced the other one.

Then let them waste their energy if they want to for crying out loud. They aren't wasting your energy playing with only the keyboard - you, on the other hand, are wasting your own energy arguing with them ;-)

Originally posted by NiGHTMARE
Mind control 0wnz both keyboard AND mouse.

Mind control for games. I don't know if this shit ever took off or not.

There was also an old Japanese Nintendo game that was supposed to improve your psychic powers. You could save your game, but only if you could tell which of the five save slots was the real one.

Originally posted by dsm

Then let them waste their energy if they want to for crying out loud. They aren't wasting your energy playing with only the keyboard - you, on the other hand, are wasting your own energy arguing with them ;-)

I have plenty of energy to spare right now. Besides you argue against every single lifeform out there who contradicts you, what's the difference in this case?

Originally posted by IMJack

There was also an old Japanese Nintendo game that was supposed to improve your psychic powers. You could save your game, but only if you could tell which of the five save slots was the real one.

That sounds REALLY damn frustrating imho.

Originally posted by dsm

That sounds REALLY damn frustrating imho.

...and gay

Frustrating + Gay = Japanese.

Pokemon anyone? Sailor Moon maybe?

Frustrating + Gay = Japanese.

Ditt-fuckin'-O.

[EDIT] ^ Easier to understand, I guess.

Ok I like good Anime and I worship their artistic talent, but except **VERY** few cases, it seems all their games follow this rule.

They would play a lot better if they switched and practiced the other one.

Like I just did...mouse + keyboard = 1337 control.

Ok I like good Anime and I worship their artistic talent, but except **VERY** few cases, it seems all their games follow this rule.

good is to anime is like big is to small

Polo? We have a team for that?

Sheesh Zaldron, Argentina's Polo team is, and has been for many many years, the worlds best