Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > John "Reaper" Grimm Appreciation Thread

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:40. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

For the film version of our Doomguy

Appreciate Him

http://rpggamer.org/uploaded_images/2005_doom_0063.jpg

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/658/658042/doom-20051012032759222_640w.jpg

http://www.urban-bliss.org/doom1.jpg

http://www.postavy.cz/obrazky/john-reaper-grimm-54959.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FZg20iMW1.../s1600/Dk05.jpg

Old Post 03-04-13 14:41 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

He's clearly Freedoomguy.

http://www.nongnu.org/freedoom/img/frontpagepic.png

Old Post 03-04-13 16:38 #
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

http://www.doomworld.com/images/eomer1.gif
http://www.doomworld.com/images/eomer2.gif

Old Post 03-04-13 16:49 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gemini09

I honestly regard the Doom movie as absolutely mind-blowing (for what it is and how it could've been (much worse)).

Karl Urban looks tough but calm but competent, completely in character with Doomguy. The Rock is an all-round cool guy and as Sarge he was perfect - I can't believe we even witnessed Deathmatch in the Doom movie!

Old Post 03-04-13 16:57 #
gemini09 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scalliano
This door is opened elsewhere...

gemini09 said:
I can't believe we even witnessed Deathmatch in the Doom movie!

Or reel 6 of Universal Soldier :P

TBH I found the Doom movie an enjoyable romp. Nothing special, but definitely among the better video game movies out there (Silent Hill 1 is still top IMO).

Old Post 03-04-13 17:08 #
scalliano is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

fraggle said:
[img]

Forgive my ignorance, but who is that?

Also, I just see Dr. McCoy, which probably isn't a good thing.

Old Post 03-04-13 18:38 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

Eris Falling said:

Also, I just see Dr. McCoy, which probably isn't a good thing.

Karl Urban as "Eomer" in Lord of the Rings. The connection of being the same actor is the only reason this image appears in the top left image rotation. I doubt maybe 10 people in the world have ever seen that and actually made the connection without any external input.

Old Post 03-04-13 19:07 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Eris Falling said:

The Freedoomguy at a costumed tabletop game

Old Post 03-04-13 19:07 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimi

And then it was John "Cupid" Lovejoy.

http://sagralisse.mediawood.net/urban/hercules/green_01.jpg

What you got left?
I've got one arrow.

Old Post 03-04-13 19:18 #
Jimi is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Quasar said:
I doubt maybe 10 people in the world have ever seen that and actually made the connection without any external input.

I wonder who the other nine people like me are. ;)

Old Post 03-05-13 19:19 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

I'm one of them. Anyway, Doom the movie is a retched piece of shit and should never have been made. But Karl Urban sure is good in Dredd.

Old Post 03-05-13 19:56 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bouncy

Another one here! =p

I didn't care for the movie at all. :\ It, IMO, missed what Doom was about.

Old Post 03-05-13 22:20 #
Bouncy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

It wasn't Doom. It was Resident Evil: IN SPACE.

Old Post 03-05-13 22:38 #
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SFoZ911

He played the doomguy pretty well IMO, he got my vote.

Old Post 03-06-13 01:33 #
SFoZ911 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Archy
Forum Regular

Quasar said:

Karl Urban as "Eomer" in Lord of the Rings. The connection of being the same actor is the only reason this image appears in the top left image rotation. I doubt maybe 10 people in the world have ever seen that and actually made the connection without any external input.

I always wondered who that Lord of The Rings looking guy (hay, I was correct! It really is Éomer!) was but never got around to asking. Figured is was some weird zombie from the Doom movie, which I've never seen. Perhaps an imp (somehow).

Old Post 03-06-13 01:42 #
Archy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. T

Karl Urban is badass.

http://www.yellmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/DREDD-Selected-Stills.jpg

Old Post 03-06-13 07:17 #
Mr. T is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Quasar said:
I doubt maybe 10 people in the world have ever seen that and actually made the connection without any external input.

You know you're a neckbeard when connections like this never needed to be explained to you, and you got the "joke" the first time you saw it.

Also, I'm in full agreement over Karl Urban's badassery. He also seems like a nice chap.

Old Post 03-06-13 08:48 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay

DoomUK said:
He also seems like a nice chap.

I heard him interviewed on the radio when Dredd came out. He came across really well: the kind of guy you'd happily spend an evening with just chewing the fat.

Quote "The [Dredd] movie is definitely for people who like their meat raw.[laughs]"

Old Post 03-06-13 13:39 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheSpazztikOne

If there were to be another Doom movie made, in the actual spirit of the game itself, I'd love to bring him back for another run as the Doomguy.

Old Post 03-06-13 14:02 #
TheSpazztikOne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

BaronOfStuff said:
Oh wow, indeed. Was Freedoomguy drawn deliberately to look like Karl Urban?

I wish they called him Flynn Taggart instead, just to establish once and for all that there's only one Doomguy: Flynn Taggart (disregard Doom 3 RoE here).

Old Post 03-06-13 15:13 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay

The Doomguy is not Flynn Taggart. The Doomguy is whoever is playing Doom at the time. :P

When you play Half Life, you play as Gordon Freeman. When you play Doom, you play yourself.

Old Post 03-06-13 15:15 #
40oz
Forum Spammer

BaronOfStuff said:

I've always made that association too. What's up with that?

Old Post 03-06-13 21:09 #
40oz is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

The original judge dredd was so much better I don't know where to start (obligatory imo), but it is okay for modern standards, I hated Doom movie... he isn't a bad actor though, and Doom didn't suck because of his role, if anything he played out his role as best as he could, Doom sucked because it was made past 2000 combined with being based on a game..

Old Post 03-07-13 02:25 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

DeathevokatioN said:
Doom sucked because it was made past 2000

lolwut?

Old Post 03-07-13 02:34 #
Mr. T

DeathevokatioN said:
The original judge dredd was so much better

I really hope you mean the comic book and not that awful Sylvester Stallone movie.

Old Post 03-07-13 04:11 #
Mr. T is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

DeathevokatioN said:
The original judge dredd was so much better I don't know where to start (obligatory imo), but it is okay for modern standards, I hated Doom movie... he isn't a bad actor though, and Doom didn't suck because of his role, if anything he played out his role as best as he could, Doom sucked because it was made past 2000 combined with being based on a game..

I don't want to be a dick, but I'm having trouble understanding any of this.

Old Post 03-07-13 09:55 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote