Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > What makes a good Doom song?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:04. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ribbiks

TimeOfDeath said:
Even though for the past year I mainly play Doom on a computer with no sound card.

that's brutal, do you die a lot from enemies that tele behind you and such?

Old Post 04-21-13 21:15 #
Ribbiks is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Yeah, playing new maps can be annoying, but saving/reloading often does help. :)

Old Post 04-21-13 23:34 #
TimeOfDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tolwyn
Mighty Music Man

NOPE! That one is NOT mine, I used google to find the entry name for map 11 and it told me d_stalks. Sorry for the confusion. I did 1, 2, 15, and 24. I've actually got a hankering to remix all of my songs in Reason.

Feniks said:
You did that song? :) The Doom wiki says nothing about that particular track and I haven't seen full credits anywhere so far.

Anyways, good job on the music for map01 and map02, I've always loved them as well.

Old Post 04-22-13 15:52 #
Tolwyn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

TeamTNT was very bad at giving specific credits for songs. Evilution and Icarus are both very annoying for that. You know the songs created by Mustaine or Tolwyn because they claimed them on their own sites; but the songs created by the other musicians? Nobody still active in the community knows anymore.

Old Post 04-22-13 17:04 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vorpal

My money would be on Jeremy Doyle having done map11's music, judging by the style. Examples would be in osiris.wad, also TNT map02 is quite similar.

Old Post 04-22-13 17:04 #
Vorpal is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Relic

Squadallah said:

I would advice you Komplete 8 that is free if you don't have bucks to spend. After you need a sequencer to put these VSTs together, I use Fruity Loops 10.

If you're ready to spend some bucks on it, Komplete 5 elements could be a good choice (50$ only) I actually use this and that's already a pretty good product.

If you're ready to spend much bucks then take a bigger version of Komplete or Kontakt 5. Or Cubase of course.

Thanks for some good VSTs, I'll check them out. I use Ableton Live 9 and use a lot of the default synths as well as Native Instruments's FM8 and Massive. But I'll check these out...

Old Post 05-02-13 00:24 #
Relic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote