Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > So I made a map

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preliatus
Mini-Member

I speed mapped a Deathmatch level.

How exactly do I upload it to the /idgames?

I did this a long while ago with a stupid wad I made when I was 13/14, but I've long since forgotten the process.

While I waste valuable forum space I'll go look for the guide on how to do it.

Note: Tweaked on caffeine and other substances.

Old Post 04-03-13 19:20 #
Preliatus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

how could you miss this http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mo...-faq-read-this/

Old Post 04-03-13 19:22 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Preliatus
Mini-Member

I am... stupid. So, so stupid.

Old Post 04-03-13 19:24 #
Preliatus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tango

since you made the thread you may as well give us a download link here :D

Old Post 04-03-13 20:46 #
Tango is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Preliatus
Mini-Member

It's really crude, and something I did in a half-a-hour.

I figured a map with the focus of killing other players is a better start than a Single-player map or a Co-op focused map.

Minimal detailed arena. Sort-of got the idea from a few rounds of a server running Brit10 FFA on ZDaemon. Also coupled with the lack of sleep, and the crappy coffee I've been drinking.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uo2l0moys7u28nb/cwdmhd.zip

Edit: It's also a bit boring to look at, and it's an overuse of Marble textures.

Old Post 04-03-13 21:34 #
Preliatus
Mini-Member

After reviewing that wad.

I'd say that I could do better work on the architecture at least make it more appealing that 14-18 sectors, but I still think it's a decent arena.

Old Post 04-04-13 06:03 #
Preliatus
Mini-Member

I made some vast improvements on the wad.

I spiced it up a bit with some additions, and removed a few senseless things. Also fixed it so it loads with a source port rather than just the first map.

I'll take any constructive criticism as I think this is better than the /idgames.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?we1ejfx3kzd2zaa

Old Post 04-09-13 20:49 #