Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Doom 1.666 Mail Order

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:54. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mulletizer

I recently picked up this doom 1 set from the local thrift store for $2 because I thought it looked cool, and now I think it might be worth something after doing some searching on the internet and ebay but not sure. (couldn't find this exact set)

I believe it is the doom 1.666 mail order set, along with a shareware set by gold medallion.

Pictures here: http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/jrstasio/library/Doom

I figure I would give someone a chance here to grab this first if anyone wanted it. I would be more interested in trades then cash (I am more of a console collector). If not I would appreciate it if anyone could give me a ball park estimate on what to expect on eBay.

Thanks.

Old Post 05-07-13 00:27 #
mulletizer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Looks pretty nice, well done!

In terms of price, I've seen boxes like this go on eBay from ~$50 - $100+. Price probably depends on the version, and v1.666 isn't super rare. You'll get a reasonable price at least.

Old Post 05-07-13 01:00 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ralphis
IDL Founder

$6 + S&H. You'll have tripled your investment!

Old Post 05-07-13 07:06 #
Ralphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vermil

That was also the boxed version of Doom released in the U.K I believe. Right down to it being 1.666.

Old Post 05-07-13 07:43 #
Vermil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Vermil said:
That was also the boxed version of Doom released in the U.K I believe. Right down to it being 1.666.
That's sort of true, in a few countries including the UK, but in most countries registered Doom was only ever available by mail order.

Old Post 05-07-13 10:19 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

fraggle said:
In terms of price, I've seen boxes like this go on eBay from ~$50 - $100+. Price probably depends on the version, and v1.666 isn't super rare. You'll get a reasonable price at least.
I'd agree with that price range. So far as scarcity goes, that depends on how much impact the release of Doom 2 had on sales of registered Doom.

For $2 that's an excellent find and having the mail order box makes it a very salable item regardless of version number.

Old Post 05-07-13 11:15 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
miko508
Mini-Member

What a deal!

Would you accept $25 plus shipping?

Old Post 06-09-13 00:40 #
miko508 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomkid
Forum Regular

DOWANT

I'll trade my copy of Doom for the GBA! :B

Old Post 06-09-13 15:41 #
Doomkid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Canofbacon

$2? Dang, you got a steal man.

Old Post 06-09-13 16:34 #
Canofbacon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mulletizer

I put it up on eBay and sold it pretty quickly for $100 with buy it now, may have been able to get even more but I was happy. Good pricing information for anyone who is looking to sell their copy!

Old Post 06-10-13 19:55 #
mulletizer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arjak

mulletizer said:
I put it up on eBay and sold it pretty quickly for $100 with buy it now, may have been able to get even more but I was happy. Good pricing information for anyone who is looking to sell their copy!

Right on! It always feels good to make a big profit so easily. Congrats!

Old Post 06-15-13 17:47 #
Arjak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote