Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > 7869.wad
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
walter confalonieri

well, that was disturbing...

Old Post 06-13-13 20:48 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Omegalore

40oz said:
Erm that "house" mentioned in the story is the actual BIGBRIK house in the Underhalls, not an added area with ugly trees.

lol

It was actually pretty disturbing otherwise though.

Managed to fix that flaw.

Old Post 06-20-13 08:05 #
Omegalore is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
hellothere231
Green Marine

The creepypasta is disturbing, but not really creepy. Still a good one, nonetheless.

Old Post 06-23-13 01:07 #
hellothere231 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kay Raiden

Noob shock-horror creepypastas...
I remember when creepypastas were really scary and WELL-WRITTEN.

Old Post 06-30-13 19:24 #
Kay Raiden is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Xaser said:
I think it'd be possible to produce something legitimately creepy in wad form, but I haven't really seen it yet.
I think the only way to make something creepy is to do it on a closed-source ZDoom derivative, and make it do various things with your computer (complete with UAC warnings). Otherwise if we know how everything works, it's just artistic, not scary. But I fear that the antivirus 'police' will find out and hammer it totally. Still, even then, it will produce some legends throughout the community, unless the moderators start acting spoilsporty and ban any discussion about that.

So yeah: spread a Freedoom+ZDoom derivative trojan/virus! Nobody will know!

Last edited by printz on 06-30-13 at 20:02

Old Post 06-30-13 19:56 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

You're mistaken in thinking I mean "creepy" anything other than an in-game sense. The "oh no the game is doing things THE GAME CAN'T DO" part is one of the factors I explicitly pointed out as something I dislike about creepypasta, and the same feeling naturally extends to a game/mod.

Having said that, I actually did read through the Godzilla creepypasta and actually liked it in spite of such. That's wholly because of the art, of course, particularly the design of the main "villain". It's such that if the game were to have existed as presented only with the real-life ties removed (and no real explanation behind the events either -- that'd spoil it), it might actually be somewhat interesting.

[EDIT] @Printz, Re-reading your post, it seems more like you're actually agreeing with me in opinion on the "I don't find 'creepy' games scary" front, and are suggesting it'd take the threat of 'realness' or other somesuch to actually cross over the divide. I guess I'd be a little freaked out too if a game were to start acting like a trojan, but that's mostly because I'd be afraid of losing my data. :P

Old Post 07-01-13 02:04 #
Xaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Patch93

Meh. Too cliche.

Also I like how the author stole the scream from the suicidemouse creepypasta. Lame.

I'd like to see someone make a creepypasta based on the rumored map of Columbine High School that Eric Harris made.

Kay Raiden said:
Noob shock-horror creepypastas...

I know that feel brah.

Old Post 07-05-13 02:23 #
Patch93 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

I once read about an amateur FPS project which would rely on detecting the player's actual phobias and distastes and then dynamically alter itself to present traps and situations based on those phobias. There even was a proof-of-concept video of it, but AFAIK it never took off.

Old Post 07-05-13 10:41 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Omegalore

Had to get rid of video. Youtube is too butthurt for me to post video about that.

Flagged it 2 time. 2 TIMES! >:(

Old Post 11-23-13 12:40 #
Omegalore is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zed
Forum Regular

I didn't remember this thread. Unfortunately I never saw the video. Could you post a link to the wad? It seems interesting.

Old Post 11-23-13 17:27 #
Zed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Kay Raiden said:

Are you sure this really happened?

Old Post 11-23-13 19:44 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Omegalore

Zed said:
I didn't remember this thread. Unfortunately I never saw the video. Could you post a link to the wad? It seems interesting.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzo0kzobjn4u3fn/7869.zip

Old Post 11-26-13 05:45 #
Zed
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot. I can't download right now, but I'll definitely be able in a couple of days.

Old Post 11-26-13 06:05 #
Zed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title

I got my brother to try it, and judging by his reaction (he thouroughly hates me right now) it was taken off youtube for a very good reason.

Old Post 11-26-13 12:40 #
Ragnor is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doominator2
Forum Regular

Omegalore said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzo0kzobjn4u3fn/7869.zip

After reading it, Im not gonna click that link.

Old Post 11-26-13 12:54 #
Doominator2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote