Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Limidius

Least Memorable Maps in Ultimate DOOM

E2 represents hell trying to subert the base into demonic architecture.

For me it's easy, all the maps of the original 3 episodes that weren't in the SNES port, and all of E4 post-E4M1 because I could never be bothered to play that episode for longer than just one map.

BaronOfStuff said:

E3M8: Just DIS-appointing hruhruhruhrurhurhruhruh

E2M9: Secret or not, it's pretty crappy. Definite filler map.

e3m8 doesn´t suck only from today´s perspective, i wasn´t suitably impressed even when i played it for the first time. after the sheer terror of battling the cyberdemon, i expected a grand hellish hive inhabited by a boss that eats cybers for breakfast. instead, e3m8 is really plain. at least it´s not boring because it´s over in 1 or 2 bfg shots.

e2m9: probably the ugliest udoom map, like it was built for one of these shovelware cds.

terminus12 said:

lol yeah I don't have nearly as much apathy for the level, but I must agree I'm not crazy about that level myself either, its really the part with the boxes that just seems to stick out like a sore thumb.

the whole ep. 2 looks like a mix of clashing styles with little height variation, not as refined as other maps in the style of doom3 after the trip to hell. e2m2 is supposed to be a dump, at least at the starting point, but then the marble hall seems pasted from an entirely different map.

still, speaking of what makes maps memorable, e2m2 has its special place for me because of two things, the music and the berserk pack. this was the map where i hunted imps between crates and learned punching them (well, they were a challenge ;).
same for e2m4, i don´t know what the acid-flooded hall with hex tiles is, but i liked its eerie look and music.