Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > A MIDI song for you

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jdagenet

I apologize if this isn't the correct thread to post this topic in.

This is my first MIDI that I am releasing to the public. I would like some feedback and possibly some tips on how to improve it.
Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?g4c6frsa1vm9o0k
Enjoy!

Old Post 06-10-13 08:49 #
jdagenet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MegaTurtleRex

I really liked it, one of the sounds you used gave it a slight Asian vibe to me.

What program did you use?

Old Post 06-10-13 21:55 #
MegaTurtleRex is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jdagenet

Thank you very much. Would that sound be the flute at the end?
I used the producer version of FL Studio, it's a pretty nice program to work with.

Old Post 06-10-13 21:59 #
jdagenet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MegaTurtleRex

Yeah it might be a flute, it starts around 50 secs and returns around 1:40, I'm not sure why it reminds me of Asian music but I really liked the song.

Old Post 06-11-13 08:02 #
MegaTurtleRex is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jdagenet

I'm thinking it might be the flute, that's the only instrument I think would give an Asian vibe, though that instrument is only used more toward the end around 1:40, not 0:50, it could be anything though.

Well thanks a lot, feel free to use it for whatever you'd like -- map, inspiration, etc.

Old Post 06-11-13 08:18 #
Relic

Very good job on this one, I myself have started working on music as well. How long did it take you to make? Currently, I'm finding it difficult to get inspiration for video game type music...

Old Post 06-12-13 14:04 #
Relic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

I like it.

Old Post 06-12-13 14:29 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jdagenet

Thank you.

It probably took me about a week to finish. It usually takes me a lot longer to finish one because it's almost guaranteed I'll run into a composers block along the way.

It can be very, very difficult to find ideas and inspiration for music. A good method I use to get ideas is to play my piano app on my iPhone or iPad, it really helps me get over the block and get some ideas.

Old Post 06-12-13 14:31 #
Relic

jdagenet said:
It can be very, very difficult to find ideas and inspiration for music. A good method I use to get ideas is to play my piano app on my iPhone or iPad, it really helps me get over the block and get some ideas.

Yeah I generally just play around with the MIDI notes on ableton, but I'd prefer a midi keyboard, it would helps so much.

Old Post 06-13-13 01:37 #
Relic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
gemini09

Sounds terrific, my good man!

Some of the instruments sound almost "too modern", but other than that (which is just nonsense on my part), I could easily see this as being one of the favorite tracks in something like Memento Mori :)

as for the "Asian sounding instrument", it sounds more futuristic to me than Asian, and --- I actually love both!

Old Post 06-13-13 02:17 #
gemini09 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jdagenet

gemini09 said:
Sounds terrific, my good man!

Some of the instruments sound almost "too modern", but other than that (which is just nonsense on my part), I could easily see this as being one of the favorite tracks in something like Memento Mori :)

as for the "Asian sounding instrument", it sounds more futuristic to me than Asian, and --- I actually love both!

Thank you very much.

What do you mean some of the instruments sound modern? Like some instruments do not go with others in the track?

Old Post 06-13-13 02:42 #
FTM
Green Marine

Very nice song!, i really like it, keep it up.

Old Post 06-13-13 02:43 #
FTM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jdagenet

Thank you, I'll try my best. :)

Old Post 06-13-13 02:45 #
massacrebosco
Mini-Member

OK. Smooth and relaxing C minor music.
Will you use this MIDI as any wad music?

Old Post 06-13-13 08:41 #
massacrebosco is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jdagenet

Possibly, if I ever get around to making a wad to release that needs music.

Old Post 06-13-13 08:43 #
Lorenzo
I only cheat sometimes!

jdagenet said:
I apologize if this isn't the correct thread to post this topic in.

This is my first MIDI that I am releasing to the public. I would like some feedback and possibly some tips on how to improve it.
Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?g4c6frsa1vm9o0k
Enjoy!

I love it!

Old Post 06-13-13 20:35 #
Lorenzo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jdagenet

Thanks a lot, sir, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Old Post 06-14-13 00:37 #
CacoDoomer

Good stuff. My kind of music.

Old Post 06-14-13 05:55 #
CacoDoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jdagenet

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Old Post 06-15-13 16:37 #
DoomGuy2013
Warming Up

Nice man I just got into to doing music.Awesome song man!

Old Post 06-16-13 16:31 #
DoomGuy2013 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jdagenet

Thanks a lot!
Very nice! It's good to hear more music composers join the community. :)

Old Post 06-16-13 21:45 #
actinide2k9
Warming Up

Kind of reminds me of Depeche Mode!

Very nice midi!

Old Post 06-18-13 13:45 #
actinide2k9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
massacrebosco
Mini-Member

jdagenet said:
Thanks a lot!
Very nice! It's good to hear more music composers join the community. :)

YEP! When I finish some music I will share to everyone too.

Old Post 06-21-13 07:49 #
massacrebosco is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jdagenet

actinide2k9 said:
Kind of reminds me of Depeche Mode!

Very nice midi!

Thank you very much!

massacrebosco said:
YEP! When I finish some music I will share to everyone too.

Sounds great, can't wait to hear it!

Old Post 06-21-13 08:11 #