Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Online trouble

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:00. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
theserbiandoomer
Warming Up

IDK why this is happening but when i open Zandornum,i try to join a server and it tells me

---------------------------
Doomseeker - join server
Client binary cannot be obtained for game: Zandronum
Executable for Zandronum client:
C:/Program
is a directory or doesn't exist.
OK

Ive never had this issue before. Another issue i had was when trying to download the wads for some servers. Some times it will download them and it will give me a message saying how it couldnt open my skulltag folder. Then sometimes it will download it and ask me if i want to download it again. it will just repeat itself. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Heres an example: CRITICAL ERROR: Failed to save file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Skulltag/d2reload.wad

Old Post 06-11-13 09:41 #
theserbiandoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Blzut3

Check your configuration.

Old Post 06-11-13 10:55 #
Blzut3 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Don't know if Doomseeker is upset by spaces in path names, but you could try placing the full paths inside double inverted commas. I'd say part of the problem is you're saving stuff to /Program Files, which is a practice Windows tends to discourage these days. Try installing Zandronum and Skulltag to your User folder, save downloaded wads there as well.

Old Post 06-11-13 11:04 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
theserbiandoomer
Warming Up

So are you saying uninstall everything and re-install both skulltag and zandornum and make a user folder and save it there?

Old Post 06-11-13 18:50 #
theserbiandoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Don't know that you have to uninstall anything. Try copy/pasting the Skulltag and Zandronum folders to your User folder, along with the downloaded wads, then re-configure the engine and file paths in Doomseeker. If you've set up search or autoload paths for either port you'll probably need to edit its .ini file to correct them.

Old Post 06-12-13 02:57 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote