Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Doom miniatures are back.

Randy87 said:

Guess I'd better auction off the ones I bought on ebay before people notice...

Ditto, there goes my pension fund! :D

Nice to know they're to be re-released, but a pain in the ass if you've been paying top dollar for them.

I wish they'd make jewelery rings with game symbols even if they were made of normal steel because I so badly want a ring with the Quake symbol.

Wait, are those the same designs as the original Reaper minis? That's kind of a slap in the face to collectors.

Creaphis said:

That's kind of a slap in the face to collectors.

Maybe collectors need to reevaluate their lives if this is upsetting to them.

The photo suggests they're the same pewter miniatures that Reaper produced in the 90s. Don't suppose they'll accidentally re-release one of the cyber prototypes.

SavageCorona said:

I assume these are like those minifigs with massive heads and tiny bodies you got when you pre-order games but Doom?

No.

Couldn't the older ones made still account for being older and still be worth something because of it?

Avoozl said:

Couldn't the older ones made still account for being older and still be worth something because of it?

Of course. If they change markings in the bottom of the figure to inform what year these were made to part them from older ones. I think these new are going to be sold in some kind of plastic container as whole sets in comparison to older miniatures sold separately in blister cardboard packages. Only time will tell.

Avoozl said:

I wish they'd make jewelery rings with game symbols even if they were made of normal steel because I so badly want a ring with the Quake symbol.

That is to be my engagement ring if I can find someone who likes games as much as I do. Actually fuck it, even if they don't like games it's Quake ring or nothing,

Waffenak said:

Of course. If they change markings in the bottom of the figure to inform what year these were made to part them from older ones.

A new date or some other change to the copyright info on the base would help. Then again, if the re-release miniatures are only produced in small quantities, they might become the more collectable ones. ;-)

Sarcasm: Ah yes, perfect for my future/space exploration/cyber punk table top RPG campaign.

Seriously though, besides that old Doom 2 board game do people do this? Is there any published Doom RPG modules/campaigns? I know there is one for Diablo, and as expected, the crossover works great, but for Doom?? I've never heard of one.

Clonehunter said:

WHat is that Icon of Sin thing? Looks kinda like a mousepad.

it says that there will be a limited Doom print made, but it just says that "a", not "two" or "a few" or anything like that. my guess is that it's a poster, the Icon of Sin one.

Egregor said:

Sarcasm: Ah yes, perfect for my future/space exploration/cyber punk table top RPG campaign.

Seriously though, besides that old Doom 2 board game do people do this? Is there any published Doom RPG modules/campaigns? I know there is one for Diablo, and as expected, the crossover works great, but for Doom?? I've never heard of one.

http://www.darkshire.net/jhkim/archive/freerpgs/doom/doom.pdf
Here's one. Don't know if it's any good or not.

These are now available at the store, priced at $200 USD and come with a collectors case:
http://store.bethsoft.com/catalog/product/view/id/5539/s/doom-pewter-miniatures-set/category/122/

According to the blog article posted, these are re-cast from the original molds:
http://www.bethblog.com/2013/08/28/doom-miniatures-re-cast/

Just picked up a set myself. Might pay to be quick if you're interested...

Just ordered a set, postage to Australia wasn't as high as I'd feared.

It was considerate of them to alter the stamp on the base.

Being a limited edition - it'll be for however long (or briefly) it takes for them to sell out.

Glad I got my ones. It appears they are now sold out. Do you think that's it or that they will make another lot?