Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Doom miniatures are back.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:48. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kristus
Megablast!

Available at Quakecon, and they seem to be saying they will be on the beth store later.
http://www.quakecon.org/2013/08/bet...store-specials/

Old Post 08-01-13 20:29 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Canofbacon

Looks good.

Old Post 08-01-13 22:17 #
Canofbacon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Randy87

Guess I'd better auction off the ones I bought on ebay before people notice...

Old Post 08-01-13 22:41 #
Randy87 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Randy87 said:
Guess I'd better auction off the ones I bought on ebay before people notice...
Ditto, there goes my pension fund! :D

Nice to know they're to be re-released, but a pain in the ass if you've been paying top dollar for them.

Old Post 08-02-13 04:35 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

I wish they'd make jewelery rings with game symbols even if they were made of normal steel because I so badly want a ring with the Quake symbol.

Last edited by Avoozl on 08-02-13 at 15:28

Old Post 08-02-13 05:32 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Holy fuck, a bunch of merchandise that I actually want. Especially those figurines. They're going to be purchasable online right? Cool.

Old Post 08-02-13 10:45 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Wait, are those the same designs as the original Reaper minis? That's kind of a slap in the face to collectors.

Old Post 08-02-13 16:19 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
exp(x)

Creaphis said:
That's kind of a slap in the face to collectors.

Maybe collectors need to reevaluate their lives if this is upsetting to them.

Old Post 08-02-13 17:36 #
exp(x) is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

Finally, a chance to get back the Manc I foolishly gave away years ago.

Old Post 08-02-13 17:39 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Komenja
Warming Up

Well, I'm gonna be broke soon.

Old Post 08-02-13 19:47 #
Komenja is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SavageCorona

I assume these are like those minifigs with massive heads and tiny bodies you got when you pre-order games but Doom?

'ERE'S THE BLOODY LINK TO ME TWITTERS

Old Post 08-02-13 20:24 #
SavageCorona is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

The photo suggests they're the same pewter miniatures that Reaper produced in the 90s. Don't suppose they'll accidentally re-release one of the cyber prototypes.

Old Post 08-03-13 04:56 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

SavageCorona said:
I assume these are like those minifigs with massive heads and tiny bodies you got when you pre-order games but Doom?
No.

Old Post 08-03-13 11:02 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Couldn't the older ones made still account for being older and still be worth something because of it?

Old Post 08-03-13 12:17 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Avoozl said:
Couldn't the older ones made still account for being older and still be worth something because of it?

Of course. If they change markings in the bottom of the figure to inform what year these were made to part them from older ones. I think these new are going to be sold in some kind of plastic container as whole sets in comparison to older miniatures sold separately in blister cardboard packages. Only time will tell.

Old Post 08-03-13 12:39 #
Waffenak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SavageCorona

Avoozl said:
I wish they'd make jewelery rings with game symbols even if they were made of normal steel because I so badly want a ring with the Quake symbol.

That is to be my engagement ring if I can find someone who likes games as much as I do. Actually fuck it, even if they don't like games it's Quake ring or nothing,

'ERE'S THE BLOODY LINK TO ME TWITTERS

Old Post 08-04-13 20:41 #
SavageCorona is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

Waffenak said:
Of course. If they change markings in the bottom of the figure to inform what year these were made to part them from older ones.
A new date or some other change to the copyright info on the base would help. Then again, if the re-release miniatures are only produced in small quantities, they might become the more collectable ones. ;-)

Old Post 08-05-13 01:49 #
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

WHat is that Icon of Sin thing? Looks kinda like a mousepad.

Old Post 08-06-13 02:01 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Here's to hoping that they're going to hold true and put the stuff on the online store.

Old Post 08-06-13 03:11 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Egregor

Sarcasm: Ah yes, perfect for my future/space exploration/cyber punk table top RPG campaign.

Seriously though, besides that old Doom 2 board game do people do this? Is there any published Doom RPG modules/campaigns? I know there is one for Diablo, and as expected, the crossover works great, but for Doom?? I've never heard of one.

Old Post 08-06-13 19:16 #
Egregor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomhuntress
Forum Regular

Clonehunter said:
WHat is that Icon of Sin thing? Looks kinda like a mousepad.

it says that there will be a limited Doom print made, but it just says that "a", not "two" or "a few" or anything like that. my guess is that it's a poster, the Icon of Sin one.

Old Post 08-06-13 19:24 #
Doomhuntress is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Janus3003
Green Marine

Egregor said:
Sarcasm: Ah yes, perfect for my future/space exploration/cyber punk table top RPG campaign.

Seriously though, besides that old Doom 2 board game do people do this? Is there any published Doom RPG modules/campaigns? I know there is one for Diablo, and as expected, the crossover works great, but for Doom?? I've never heard of one.

http://www.darkshire.net/jhkim/arch...s/doom/doom.pdf
Here's one. Don't know if it's any good or not.

Old Post 08-08-13 16:54 #
Janus3003 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jet1337
Green Marine

There's a baron of hell figure going for about $100 on eBay. FYI.

Old Post 08-09-13 02:58 #
Jet1337 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Trilinear
I could care a less

These are now available at the store, priced at $200 USD and come with a collectors case:
http://store.bethsoft.com/catalog/p...t/category/122/

According to the blog article posted, these are re-cast from the original molds:
http://www.bethblog.com/2013/08/28/...atures-re-cast/

Just picked up a set myself. Might pay to be quick if you're interested...

Old Post 08-29-13 00:20 #
Trilinear is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

Just ordered a set, postage to Australia wasn't as high as I'd feared.

It was considerate of them to alter the stamp on the base.

Old Post 08-29-13 01:48 #
kb1

Yep, ordered mine - sweet.

Old Post 08-29-13 02:05 #
kb1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

It would be cool if we could get a rough guestimation as to how long they'll be out.

Old Post 08-29-13 02:49 #
GreyGhost

Being a limited edition - it'll be for however long (or briefly) it takes for them to sell out.

Old Post 08-29-13 03:23 #
Anarkavre
Mini-Member

I ordered the miniatures set and the two posters.

Old Post 08-29-13 16:09 #
Anarkavre is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Spikey

Glad I got my ones. It appears they are now sold out. Do you think that's it or that they will make another lot?

Old Post 08-31-13 00:09 #
Spikey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote