Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > How to submit feature request for DoomBuilder?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:15. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
arkore
Mini-Member

Anywhere I go to find an answer, I end up back at the doombuilder.com website. So, when I click "Contact" there, it says to just go to the doom sites such as doomworld.com.

I found: http://sourceforge.net/projects/doombuilder/ but it doesn't seem like an area where I can submit an "Issue" like what bitbucket or github are.

---

I'm looking to suggest a feature of where DB offers the option to save settings & configuration to same folder as DB, rather saving to Users/AppData/Local/Doom Builder. Some software installers offer this option, and even the Zandronum (port) installer offers it as well.

I have a bunch of portable software installed on my Dropbox, and having the configuration be saved in the same folder as the software would be great, as it then means everything is all backed up for me.

Last edited by arkore on 09-22-13 at 19:41

Old Post 09-22-13 19:24 #
arkore is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zed
Forum Regular

You could try PM or email CodeImp. He's one of the moderators here, and I think is Doom Builder's maintainer. He hasn't posted here in a while, though.

Old Post 09-22-13 19:46 #
Zed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Uh, it has a forum - http://doombuilder.com/forums/

Old Post 09-22-13 19:52 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
arkore
Mini-Member

I feel so dumb. You're right, Memfis. I just realized/found this the same time you posted your post here.

Feature Requests Forum: http://www.doombuilder.com/forums/v...6955b6124e6be02

I didn't click "Doombuilder Forums" before, when I visited the DB contact page. lol

Old Post 09-22-13 19:53 #
arkore is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
arkore
Mini-Member

"Most feature suggestions I get are not worth the trouble and many are simply ridiculous, so they are getting annoying. If you think you have some great idea that you absolutely have to post here, then make sure you back it up with a very strong argument why it is useful to all map authors (not just you and your friend) and why it belongs in Doom Builder."

Heh.

Also, I posted my feature request just now, and the board says that a moderator must now approve it.

LOL. They seem to be mad with the whole "feature request" thing.

Wish me luck!

Old Post 09-22-13 20:05 #
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

You could also consider making the same request for GZDoom Builder, where you'll probably get a quicker response.

Old Post 09-23-13 01:54 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote