Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxbio Warfare11

Last time playing Doom?

I rolled my own Strifeguy-in-Doom thing for ZDoom and played through Doom 2 fairly recently. I didn't put much work into balance and as a result made him far too powerful, but it was fun anyhow.

Doom II a month or two back on the PSN using coop split screen. Wish it could run PWADs!

I played the doom 2 no rest for the living episode on summer but I dont remember when was the last time I played thru doom 1 or 2.

6 years ago.

Upon seeing some of the answers above, I don't know why are PWADs being created at all.

I play through them about once a year.

Earlier this year I ran through Ultimate Doom, Doom 2 and TNT. I guess I'll give Plutonia another go this winter. Probably give Ultimate Doom another go as well, I'm starting to miss it.

I should probably actually get around to beating Ultimate Doom in one sitting. I made it to like E3M5 before I had to stop. Today will be that day! :D

When I discovered demo recording maybe 6 years ago I did some Doom 2 speedruns on the first skill and got two exits if I remember corectly.

If multiplayer with >20 players counts then there was also this and this less than a year ago. I really enjoyed these sessions, it was a fun way to familiarize myself with Nightmare playing without suffering too much, and it was cool to see Looper, Tatsurd, Kimo, etc there (people who I've never seen on public servers).

Good question. I can't quite remember, but sure it wasn't too long ago (my memory is just bad).

By the way, making some sort of spin-off of the OP, do you guys have an idea of how many times you've finished the original IWADs? Of course I don't keep a record of every time I've finished the game, but I'd say it's about 40 times for Doom 2 and maybe 30 for Doom 1.

I don't think I ever did. The progression between episodes doesn't feel consistent enough to compel me to play through the whole thing in a row. I must have tried a few times; after a while, there's always a point where I hit a map I don't quite like, and I just skip it or stop. But I've played Scythe 2 from start to finish a couple times.

I think about a year ago I played through Doom and Doom II with Brutal Doom, and then played most of Whispers of Satan. Good map pack.

ALL the way through? Years ago. More than 2 years in the case of Doom 2. One and half a year in the case of Doom 1, which I remember because I've got Doom 1 at that time. TNT or Plutonia - never played through in their entirety.

Some months ago. I played through Doom 2 on HMP (which, at certain times, was a pain).

In total I think ive played through doom 2s entirety maybe 5 or 6 times. ive attempted many times and I usually get bored by map08 and quit, and since then, the first 7 levels are such a breeze that I cant take them very seriously, and they feel like a chore before I actually get to the good stuff

despite that, I do still play doom 2 a lot except that I usually skip around and play random levels, or pick a starting map and play like 6 or 7 levels in a row. The whole game in one sitting is a lot to take in though

i was hoping this was a thread about when the last time you played doom at all and if any of you said more than 48 hours I would hit you.

40oz said:

...and if any of you said more than 48 hours I would hit you.

*hides behind the wall of shame*
Don't hit me, i'm special!

I play through Episode 1 on UV all the time, to test out new music and textures. it's a short, casual run where you basically can't die and you have the whole level set memorized. or well, I do =P

beyond that I only play the original levels if I find myself thinking about a particular map - most lately I called up Gotcha to try and pistol start it and to find all the secrets. it remains a pain in the ass but I stumbled my way to the BFG this time :B

I replayed through Doom 2 a few months ago, actually (albeit I was using all the Freedoom assets - all the ones that weren't maps, obviously).

I suppose Switcheroom doesn't count, but I'm playing through The Ultimate Doom again via that, in a sense.

It's been at least 10 years since I last played them all the way through.

I do find myself often playing subsequent IWAD levels after I finish a short PWAD. I must've finished MAP02 hundreds of times by now.

All the maps? Ultimate Doom, maybe a year and a half, more or less. Doom II, like three years. I usually just run through Episode 1, or the first 7 maps in Doom II. I just don't have the patience to do it, even with saves. Maybe it's because I've done it dozens of times. You know what? I think it's time to do it again!

NiuHaka said:

*hides behind the wall of shame*
Don't hit me, i'm special!

"you're lucky i don't smack
you for thinking about leaving.
"

Did doom 2 yesterday!

Done doom 2 all the way through around 10 times and maybe 50 times each for ultimate doom and plutonia.

I guess the real answer is i've done them all in the past 3 days aside from TNT. Screw that mapset.

I played the whole The Ultimate Doom about a week ago. I thought about playing Doom II right after that, but some levels in that game are... huh. The last time I played it in its entirety would be months ago, hell, maybe even a year ago.

BTW, if anyone hasn't done so, playing through the original doom / doom2 levels from pistol start is a MUCH different and generally better experience than playing continuously. A lot of levels, especially Sandy Peterson's, were designed from the assumption that they'd be from pistol start, and kind of lose a lot when you arrive fully stocked with ammo.

I'm pretty new to PC Doom gaming so I still play around with the official game maps rather than fanmade WADs (though I have tried out a few). I play through each of the first three episodes of Doom 1 all the time on Ultra Violence. I beaten Thy Flesh Consumed twice only on Hurt Me Plenty. I've beaten Doom II once on Hurt Me Plenty with GZDoom and I'm currently trying to beat it on Ultra Violence with Chocolate Doom. I feel like they put way too many enemies into these levels, so it's kind of a chore to get through. I've only played the first few levels of both games on Final Doom. I'm also currently playing through Doom 64 EX on I own Doom!. It'll be my first time playing through that game when I beat it.