Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Tell us about Doom Facts/Trivia/Interesting Stuff.

Zed wrote:
I think he's talking about zombie players.

Much more than that. Try it to find out.

Piper Maru said:

Mount Erebus is also a volcano in Antarctica. I'm not sure if there are any demons in the area...

During the couple of days I was there, there were times when the clouds above the volcano looked a little like an evil face.

Grazza said:

During the couple of days I was there, there were times when the clouds above the volcano looked a little like an evil face.

That's awesome! Did you also see any mountains of madness?

The Cacodemon and Pain elementals both have buttholes and vaginas. Also, the Revenant does not wear pants.

The pain elemental sprites have parts of other enemies, including the cyberdemon's horns and the arms of an imp.

Shadow Hog said:

RSKY2 seems to have a face in it. Probably totally unintentional, but...

You see that face but miss the much larger one with a monocle and 'fro to the left of it?

Maes said:

The Cacodemon and Pain elementals both have buttholes and vaginas. Also, the Revenant does not wear pants.

Wait, does this mean that the Revenants are dickless?

Doominator2 said:

Wait, does this mean that the Revenants are dickless?

Nah, they still have boners.

GreyGhost said:

Good one - BUT - your Bullfrog Demon has a space marine helmet perched on its head.

Well, then that definitively proves that John was the Demons, doesn't it?

Jaws In Space said:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that Buddy Dacote was not the Doom guy. Now there is no doubt that they took his back story, but I would say that Dimiri Paramo is the most likely candidate for the Doom guy, but even that is a bit of a stretch.

I always thought Buddy Dacote's description fitted Doomguy perfectly. Dimitri Paramo's description makes me picture him as a character out of Gears of War. Plus one of his disadvantages is that he's slow. Personality wise, I like to picture Doomguy as a mix of John McClane from Die Hard and Dutch from Predator with a bit of Ash Williams' craziness from Evil Dead 2 & Army of Darkness.

I always saw Doomguy as sort of like Drake from Aliens, mixed with Ash Williams and pretty much every Arnie badass ever made in the 80s.

Clonehunter said:

...and pretty much every Arnie badass ever made in the 80s.

If I remember correctly, Jay Wilbur ('Biz Guy') stated - in an interview with PC Gamer, which marked DOOM2's release - that Arnie would be his dream pick to play Doomguy in the movie (which was being talked about even then).

If a door is given the linedef action 1, and uses switch textures, you can hear monsters operate switches when they use the door. A monster's gunfire can also activate a gunfire switch as well. These are the only types of switches that monsters can use.

40oz said:

If a door is given the linedef action 1, and uses switch textures, you can hear monsters operate switches when they use the door. A monster's gunfire can also activate a gunfire switch as well. These are the only types of switches that monsters can use.

I wonder if this has even been abused to create seemingly chaotic behavior in a map....hmmm ;-)

E2M5: Command Center is pretty haunting for this reason.

Speaking of switches and doors, a good way to frustrate players is to make doors Switch-type, instead of Door-type, because then they can't be closed manually even if they're an open-wait-close door.

Piper Maru said:

The reason Imps having gaping buttholes is because Hell Knights are known to fist low ranking demons.

Wait. So that green stuff they throw must be...

Doom's GOR2A0 is -literally- half Benito Mussolini, half Clara Petacci (for years some people thought it was only Mussolini). Not sure if I'm allowed to post the proof of this.

GreyGhost said:

BTW - I'm starting to worry about your obsession with Doomguy's crotch. :P

I made it my signature so people would know. I wasn't the first one to point it out, in fact, I first saw it on a comment somewhere.

A Lost Soul's attack can be repelled by item pickups. If you've just killed an army of shotgun guys or zombie men, refrain from picking up all the dropped items and use those clips and shotguns as a shield from a nearby pain elemental.

40oz said:

A Lost Soul's attack can be repelled by item pickups. If you've just killed an army of shotgun guys or zombie men, refrain from picking up all the dropped items and use those clips and shotguns as a shield from a nearby pain elemental.

Wow, that one I had no idea about. I mean, I have noticed how some times lost souls attacks get "cancelled" in midair for apparently no reason, but never thought it could be because of item pickups blocking their way.

I'll try it when I get home.