Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > /idgames torrent

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:23. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chungy

Being that the server's been down all month and all, figured it was a good time to make this. Hopefully it works (no trackers, but I think it'll pick up with peer exchange), and if anyone has their own personal mirrors, might be good to feed it to the torrent (and verify data) to preseed stuff.[*] I'll try to seed as much as I can, and I can't promise great upload speeds from scratch!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...idgames.torrent

[*] FTP is a terrible way to sync directories and torrents are even worse. You might end up with extra files left in your directory that the torrent doesn't describe. Harmless, but a trick I find, is that most torrent clients allow moving the destination directory, and when you do that, all the files not in the torrent get left behind. :p

Old Post 11-27-13 23:01 #
chungy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

archive.org already does torrents automatically and idgames is on archive.org. So is there any reason for this to exist?

Old Post 11-27-13 23:03 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chungy

That one is only representative up to July, and having it all in a zip file seems... inconvenient.

All the same, if there's a process to get archive.org updated, I'm all for it.

Old Post 11-27-13 23:06 #
chungy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

This actually froze my uTorrent when I tried to open it, and that has never happened before to me. That's a lot of files. o.o

Old Post 11-27-13 23:34 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chungy

317 directories, 33886 files

yeah, a bit. :p

Old Post 11-27-13 23:36 #
Zed
Forum Regular

Wait, the torrent at archive.org is to download all idgames files (with the exception of the complete /idstuff directory), up to July 2013? What's the total size of that?

Old Post 11-28-13 04:18 #
Zed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

It's roughly 12GB if you exclude /idstuff.

Old Post 11-28-13 04:29 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chungy

I've watched a few people gain the entire idgames, which is great. Hope everyone that has is pitching in efforts to seed as much as they can :)

Since I thought it might be interesting, although the file contents are most important, I made a shell script that re-adds two symlinks unable to be represented in the torrent, as well as touch'ing every file to set the modification timestamp to match those of the idgames server. On Windows, you'll probably have to run it through Cygwin, or convert the shell script to use other kinds of native tools; additionally, you may want to remove the first two lines that recreate the symlinks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...mes-dates.sh.xz (compressed, use unxz to uncompress and run in the idgames directory)

Old Post 12-03-13 04:39 #