Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Doom classical.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Captain Red
Pants

God Mode Off

[Book II, 840] ...And bring ye to the place where Death Shall dwell at ease, and up and down unseen Wing silently the buxom air, embalmed With odours; there ye shall be fed and filled Immeasurably, all things shall be your Prey.

-John Milton Paradise Lost-

Knee Deep in the Dead.

-John Romero {probably}-

Find ways to link Doom to classic books/music/films and impress your friends at parties

(I'm sure it's been done before, but eh, it's FUN yeah?)

Old Post 12-02-13 23:33 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zed
Forum Regular

And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed?

Old Post 12-03-13 03:46 #
Zed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Hog
Forum Regular

I don't get the connection in the OP.

Old Post 12-03-13 04:19 #
Shadow Hog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

"And on the third day Flynn Taggart would rise again and heal the lame, by shooting them through the head thus ending their need to walk. And there would be much rejoicing."

II PNAMES 4:3

The Doom Bible, 3rd Revised Edition
Tom Hall, c. 2145

Old Post 12-03-13 05:49 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Shadow Hog said:
I don't get the connection in the OP.

Huh. Made more sense when I was being destroyed by insomnia.

Old Post 12-03-13 06:07 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrol1985

"The path of the righteous player is beset on all sides by the inequities of the map makers and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the noobs through the temple of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost souls. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Doomguy when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

-Pulp Fiction, Patrol's reinterpretation :P

Old Post 12-03-13 10:01 #
Patrol1985 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

With that title I was hoping for classical orchestral renditions of the Doom tunes.

As in, performed by a real orchestra.

Oh well, there's still some synths.

Last edited by Gez on 12-03-13 at 12:06

Old Post 12-03-13 11:59 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrol1985

Gez said:
With that title I was hoping for classical orchestral renditions of the Doom tunes.

No orchestra, but "classical" nonetheless. As one youtube commenter aptly put it: it's "Doom 1920s version" (you probably know it anyway :P)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aovgV0r9t2A

Old Post 12-03-13 18:45 #
Patrol1985 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doominator2
Forum Regular

Gez said:

Oh well, there's still some synths.

http://www.doomworld.com/vbmisc/qvid.png http://www.doomworld.com/vbmisc/qvid.png http://www.doomworld.com/vbmisc/qvid.png

These are awesome! are these the only orchestrated remixes?

Old Post 12-08-13 22:52 #
Doominator2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pirx
Forum Regular

wow, beautiful.

the uploader has a few more in his list.

also found this list and this, seems that doom's music works well for orchestral remixes.

Old Post 12-09-13 00:44 #
Pirx is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Bach composed goldberg variations for cembalo for Count Kaiserling as a cure for sleepless nights he had because he had played deathmatch too much.

Old Post 12-09-13 08:51 #
Waffenak is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Magnetick
Mini-Member

"In the beginning Doomguy blew some Imp's head off. And it was good."

Old Post 12-10-13 16:13 #
Magnetick is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheEndOfUs

You are gun, shoot monster

Old Post 12-10-13 16:17 #
TheEndOfUs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

I thought everybody was talking about this:

CLASMUS.WAD

Old Post 12-10-13 17:05 #
Maes is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote